It’s Monday, so you know what that means… It’s time for a new stamp of the week! Today we have our 4206-K Kisa 2 cat stamp for you and I have a feline you might like it. Sorry, couldn’t resist! This is an illustration I created of my “first born” cat, Kisa. She was the first cat I adopted when I was in college and living on my own. She was a gorgeous cat, but had a rather feisty personality that only a mother could love.
Check out these great cards some of the Rock Stars have created with it for your inspiration.
This stamp is available exclusively to our blog readers at 50% OFF from May 20-26, 2013 only. (Limited to 1 per person please.) If you would like to purchase this stamp please click on this Kisa 2 link and scroll way, way, down the page. To receive your special discount please be sure to reference SOTW520 in the Coupon Code section of the online order form.
And just a friendly reminder… our latest Designer’s Choice Challenge wraps up tomorrow so be sure to get your card uploaded if you want to play along for a chance to win some free rubber! Please visit my DCC58 ~ Masculine Cards post for all the details and inspiration.
If you are needing even more reasons to stamp, there is still another week left to play along with our latest Sketch Challenge. Please follow this link to my WHAT IF? Wednesday ~ Sketch Challenge M1513 post to see my sketch layout and all the great cards the Rock Stars created to get you started. You could win a $25 gift certificate just for playing along!
Thank you so much for visiting with us today. I hope you will check in with us again on Wednesday when we kick off another fun Designer’s Choice Challenge!
Have a wonderful day!
It’s Rock Star Spotlight Day here again at The House That Stamps Built. It’s always so much fun to learn a little bit about the women behind the art. This week we’re shining the spotlight on Cheri Weston. Here are Cheri’s responses to our game of 20 questions…
1. Tell us a little about your family. My husband, Carl and I live in West Gardiner, ME on farmland once owned by his grandparents, with our calico kitty we call Bobbi (she was born with a bobbed tail) and a German Shepherd puppy we call Allie. We have two adorable grandchildren who live in the Adirondacks of New York State, Philip is 5 and Alexa is 4.
2. How did you get into stamping? It was five years ago, when I offered to make baby shower invitations for my daughter-in-law’s baby shower. Without my knowing how it happened it morphed from a hobby into a lifestyle….I can’t go a day without crafting something.
3. What is your favorite technique? I love to try all techniques, but I especially love those using inks and heat embossing.
4. What is your favorite tool? I couldn’t live without my Score Buddy, my punches, my embossing folders, my dies….these are all my favorites.
5. What are your favorite embellishments? The simple ones like ribbons and buttons.
6. What is your favorite coloring method? I love coloring with Copic Markers.
7. What is your favorite color combo? I like the combination of Black/White/Red, it’s a no fail classic combination and can be used with over 50% of my stamps.
8. If you had to describe your stamping style with 3 words, what would they be? Clean and Simple. I struggled with this for so long, but once I caught on I find I’m really comfortable with it and now struggle with layering.
9. Do you always send the cards you create? No, I don’t! Unless I make a card with someone special in mind or for Repeat Impressions Show Boards….I keep my cards. When I’m over loaded with cards, I select a bunch to send to Operation Write Home or put together gift packs for special gifts.
10. For which occasion or holiday do you create the most cards? Hands down, Christmas. I love making Christmas cards.
11. What is your favorite stamping magazine? Paper Crafts and Paper Creations.
12. What are your favorite Repeat Impressions’ designs? I love the Christmas and Holiday stamps. They are some of the best I’ve seen.
13. What are your other interests besides stamping? Reading, gardening, walking, hiking, kayaking, target shooting, waterskiing, playing ice hockey.
14. Name your favorite food and one food you can’t stand. I don’t think I have a favorite food, but I for sure, I don’t like fish.
15. What is your guilty pleasure? Red wine. I love a nice glass of red wine…okay, two glasses of nice red wine.
16. Do you have any pet peeves? Yes. I have no patients with people who blame others for their own problems.
17. Tell us one random thing people may not know about you. I once worked for the FBI.
18. Name 3 things on your “bucket list”. I don’t really have a “bucket list” but I would love to sky dive, visit these countries: Australia, New Zealand, Iceland and Scotland and hike a portion (I’m a realist) of the Appalachian Trail.
19. If you were going to be stuck on a deserted island, which 5 books, 5 movies, 5 people and 5 foods would you take along?
• 5 books: Gone With The Wind, Celia Garth (or any book by Gwen Bristow), Far From the Madding Crowd, Return of the Native, A Walk in the Woods.
• 5 Movies: Gone With the Wind, The King’s Speech, Dirty Dancing, Sweet Home Alabama, Sleepless in Seattle.
• 5 people: My husband, son, daughter-in-law and both grandchildren.
• 5 Foods: Tacos (anything Mexican), potato salad, broccoli, Swiss cheese and chocolate brownies with walnuts.
20. If you have to choose a movie title for your life story, what would that be? “Sleepless in West Gardiner”.
Thank you, Cheri, for sharing your responses here with us. It was fun learning a little more about you! And I know you’ll all want to keep up with Cheri’s latest creations too so be sure to visit her blog, Stamp’n Boomer.
And before I sign off… a friendly reminder. If you haven’t created a card for our latest Sketch Challenge yet, we sure hope you will soon! Submissions are being accepted until Tuesday, May 28. Please refer to my WHAT IF? Wednesday ~ Sketch Challenge M1513 post for all the details. Play along with our sketch, upload a link to your card here on the RI blog and you’ll automatically be entered to win a $25 Repeat Impressions gift certificate!
Happy Friday everyone and thank you for stopping by.
Have a wonderful weekend!
Aaah… Wednesday. My favorite blogging day of the week. Challenge days are always so much fun! I designed a simple sketch for you today and can’t wait to see what you will do with it.
The Rock Stars and our guest artist of the month, Sarah Preston, all did a super job with this sketch. Check out this fantastic variety of cards they have for your inspiration.
And now it’s your turn! The rules are really simple… Your card doesn’t even have to be made with Repeat Impressions stamps, but if you would like to include our designs we would really love to see them! Plus you will get an additional entry in our random.org drawing for using our stamps in your submissions! Simply create a card based on my sketch, upload your card to your blog or Splitcoast gallery, then link your card here to this post by clicking on the little blue button below.
We will be accepting submissions to this M1513 Sketch Challenge until 5pm EST on May 28th. All participants will be automatically entered into our random drawing. Then on May 29th we will post a new challenge and announce the winner for May. One lucky person will win a $25 Repeat Impressions Gift Certificate!
So what are you waiting for?! Why not play along with us and start stamping up a card now. We can’t wait to see your creations! When you are ready to share your card, please add the direct link to your entry using the link button below. And please be sure to provide a link back here and reference Repeat Impressions Sketch M1513 in your blog or gallery posting.
Don’t forget… we also have a fun Designer’s Choice Challenge going on now too! Our Rock Star hostess, Joy Hadden has a great style challenge for you this time. Please visit my DCC58 ~ Masculine Cards post for all the details and wonderful inspiration cards from the Rock Stars.
One final note… it is RI Rock Star, Cheri Weston‘s birthday today! So be sure to pop over to her blog and wish her a very Happy Birthday. Repeat Impressions is helping her celebrate too… Cheri has a special RI offer just for visitor’s to her blog this week!
Thank you so much for spending time with us here this week. We hope you’ve been inspired and look forward to seeing your sketch masterpiece linked here soon!
Until then… happy stamping!
Happy Monday! I hope you all had a wonderful Mother’s Day. Did you get the royal treatment and appreciated like the queen or goddess that you are? If not, then maybe this week’s Stamp of the Week special might help. Today’s offering is our 7121-M Goddess image. Check out these great cards some of the Rock Stars have created with it for your inspiration.
This stamp is available exclusively to our blog readers at 50% OFF from May 13 – May 19, 2013 only. (Limited to 1 per person please.) If you would like to purchase this stamp please click on this Goddess link and scroll way, way, down the page. To receive your special discount please be sure to reference SOTW513 in the Coupon Code section of the online order form.
Have you stamped up a card for our Sketch Challenge yet? I sure hope so… our latest challenge wraps up tomorrow. Please follow this link to my WHAT IF? Wednesday ~ Sketch Challenge M113 post to see my sketch layout and all the wonderful cards the Rock Stars created to get you started. You could win a $25 gift certificate just for playing along!
There is still another week left to play along with our latest Designer’s Choice Challenge and a chance to win some free rubber too! For this challenge the winner will receive any one unmounted sheet of stamps of their choice! Please visit my DCC58 ~ Masculine Cards post for all the details and inspiration.
And last, but not least… a big thank you to all those readers who took the time to check out our Pairings Blog Hop. We so appreciate each and every one of your kind comments and repinnings too. Here is a list of our hop winners…
The $25 Repeat Impressions Gift Certificate goes to… KT
The following people have won free admission tickets to be used for any StampScrapArtTour Rubber Stamp Show in 2013… Marie O., Barbara-Jean, and Debi B.
And the winner of an unmounted set of bees stamps in our Pin It To Win It contest is… Vicky M.
Congratulations everyone! Please confirm your win here with a comment and I will contact you with your prize details.
Have a great day all and thank you for visiting! I hope you will check in with us again on Wednesday when we kick off another fun Sketch Challenge!
Until then, keep it crafty!