This week we’re featuring our #5702-M Crowned Crane Deco for our Stamp of the Week. This image is a little different than those we’ve previously showcased. I was a graphic artist before starting this stamp biz and I still often find myself drawn to more bold, graphic images with a fun play of negative and positive. This mirrored image of crowned cranes is a good example of that. So although I always love to see all the beautiful coloring opportunities that most of my images encourage, this time around I assigned our Rock Stars a simple, more graphic image to play with.
Their samples here illustrate how you can create perfectly lovely cards with just one bold image…from dramatic and simple to soft and elegant.
This stamp is available exclusively to our blog readers at 50% OFF from May 31 – June 6, 2010 only. (Limited to one per person.) If you would like to purchase this stamp please click on this Crowned Crane Deco link and scroll down the page a bit. To receive your special discount please be sure to reference SOTW531 in the Special Instructions section of the online order form. PLEASE NOTE: The discount WILL NOT appear when you place your order. Once your order is ready to be shipped WE WILL apply the discount and process your credit card at that time. I will also send you a follow-up email to let you know your final adjusted total.
And let’s not forget that today is a special day… a day to pay tribute to our fallen soldiers. So in the spirit of the holiday I thought it only fitting that we include a little red, white and blue in today’s post. Rock Star, Darsie Bruno submitted a fantastic Patriotic card for this week’s upcoming Sketch Challenge! We didn’t want to spoil the reveal of our next sketch layout yet, so instead we’re sharing a little sneak peak portion of her card here.
Tomorrow wraps up our first month of WHAT IF? Wednesday Challenges. A big thank you and round of applause to all of you who have submitted links to your cards. And for those of you who haven’t yet, it’s still not too late to play along! Visit my WHAT IF? Wednesday post from 5/19 and submit your card link by 5pm on Tuesday, June 1st for your chance to win a $25 Repeat Impressions gift certificate! The lucky recipient will be announced on Wednesday when we also reveal our next Sketch Challenge.
Thank you for taking time out of your Memorial Day celebrations to visit with us!
Hope to see you back here again on Wednesday!
Today I’m excited to bring you another Rock Star Spotlight post! Repeat’s Rock Stars are all eager to get to know each other a bit better and we thought we’d share the fun with you. This week we’re getting acquainted with Michele Greenwood.
1. Tell us a little about your family. I have been married for 18 years to Jim; we have 3 children, two girls and one boy. We live in a very small community – 700 people; count our dogs and we’re up to 704! We stay very busy with sports – baseball, basketball, football, volleyball – you name it, our kids are in it. Our oldest will enter high school next year – YIKES!
2. How did you get into stamping? I had the privilege of being a stay-at-home mom for 2 years and my neighbor got me started in scrapbooking. It was fun, but when I discovered the immediate gratification of stamping a card; well, I was hooked; haven’t looked back since…um, haven’t touched those scrapbooks either!
3. What is your favorite technique? It changes all the time – I love the distressed look – whether with inks or an edging tool. Can I call clean & simple a technique? Not always easy to achieve, but I like it!
4. What is your favorite tool? Scor-Pal
5. What are your favorite embellishments? Pearls, flowers, buttons, gems – BLING!!!
6. What is your favorite coloring method? Copics
7. What is your favorite color combo? Anything with chocolate/khaki – pink and brown, blue and brown.
8. If you had to describe your stamping style with 3 words, what would they be? Whimsical, Feminine, Fun
Michele recently shared this adorable card with me that she created using our Nap Time Fairy stamp. I think this really illustrates her answer to this question, don’t you?!
9. Do you always send the cards you create? Yes, or give them to my friends to use.
10. For which occasion or holiday do you create the most cards? Valentine’s Day probably.
11. What is your favorite stamping magazine? Paper Crafts
12. What are your favorite Repeat Impressions’ designs? Oh the flowers, love the flowers!!
13. What are your other interests besides stamping? Reading, listening to music, anything our kids are doing.
14. Name your favorite food and one food you can’t stand. Oh, lots of favorites – Mexican, Italian & Chinese. Can’t stand? plain, cooked spinach.
15. What is your guilty pleasure? Honestly? Creating! Being a full-time mom, working outside the home, 3 kids, hubby and sporting events keep me incredibly busy, so my true indulgence is taking time to create!
16. Do you have any pet peeves? Not really.
17. Tell us one random thing people may not know about you. I’m under 5 ft. tall.
18. Name 3 things on your “bucket list”. Travel to New Zealand; meet Tony Stewart, attend a NASCAR event at a different track than the ones we’ve seen so far.
19. If you have to choose a movie title for your life story, what would that be? My Chaotic Life
Thanks so much, Michele, for sharing your responses here with us! It’s been fun and a real pleasure getting to know you better. I know you’ll all want to keep up with Michele’s latest creations so be sure to visit her blog, Whimsical Creations and don’t forget to leave her some love too!
Thanks for taking time out of your busy week to visit today! Hope you have a wonderful holiday weekend too!
P.S. If you haven’t created a card for our Sketch Challenge yet, we hope you will soon. We’d love to see your creations! Submissions are being accepted until next Tuesday, 6/1. Just add your card link to my last WHAT IF? Wednesday post for your chance to win a $25 Repeat Impressions gift certificate!
Happy Monday everybody! Today we’re offering our #1317-L Vase of Tulips image for our Stamp of the Week feature. I just love, love tulips… especially pink ones! So needless to say I was tickled pink when the first Rock Star submission happened to be this gorgeous card created by Joy Hadden. And my pleasure grew from there as more wonderful tulip cards followed. Just look at all these beautiful cards created by our Rock Stars to inspire you this week!
Please be sure to visit the Rock Stars individual blogs for details on techniques and materials used. And don’t forget to leave us comments too… we love to hear your feedback!
Need a Vase of Tulips of your own? This stamp is available exclusively to our blog readers at 50% OFF from May 24 – May 30, 2010. If you would like to purchase this stamp please click on this Vase of Tulips link and scroll down the page a bit. To receive your special discount please be sure to reference SOTW524 in the Special Instructions section of the online order form. PLEASE NOTE: The discount WILL NOT appear when you place your order. Once your order is ready to be shipped WE WILL apply the discount and process your credit card at that time. I will also send you a follow-up email to let you know your final adjusted total.
Thank you so much for stopping by today. I hope we helped get your week off to a cheerful start. And if you have plans to get inky at some point this week, we hope you will play along with our latest Sketch Challenge too! Please refer to my last WHAT IF? Wednesday post for details.
Have a great day!
Hurray! It’s WHAT IF? Wednesday here again at The House That Stamps Built and time for a new Sketch Challenge! I designed the card layout shown here and then asked our Rock Stars to have some fun with it. Just look at all the fabulous cards they’ve created. Makes you want to start stamping up a card of your own right now doesn’t it?!
Just in case you missed it the last time around I’ll go over our plan once again…We’ll be offering our WHAT IF?! Wednesday challenges every other Wednesday. I’ll supply the sketch, the Rock Stars will provide the inspiration and then it’s your turn to create something and share it here for your chance to win some RI blog candy!
Your card does not have to be made with Repeat Impressions stamps, but if you would like to include our designs we would love to see them! We will be accepting submissions to this M1910 Sketch Challenge until 5pm (eastern time) on June 1st. All participants will be automatically entered into a random drawing.
Then on June 2nd we will post a new challenge and announce the winner from our first month of challenges. So you may participate in one challenge or the other OR you may participate in BOTH challenges each month and double your chances of winning! One lucky person will win a $25 Repeat Impressions Gift Certificate!
Happy Wednesday and thanks for stopping by!
Hope to see your masterpiece linked here soon!