It’s Rock Star Spotlight day! Today we’re getting acquainted with Makiko Jones!
1. Tell us a little about your family. I’m married to my husband for 15 years and we are blessed with 2 children – one daughter (12) and son (9). We met in Tokyo where I grew up when he was stationed at Yokota AB. After we moved many places for 14 years, we finally settled in a small town of Texas in spring 2008. Now, we enjoy country living including 3 cats and 1 dog. A girl from a big city…it was a big life change but I start liking the quiet life
2. How did you get into stamping? I was a scrapbooker before stamper and used to use stamps to create the original pattern papers. Then I was invited to my friend’s SU workshop about 6 years ago and I’ve never stopped stamping since then.
3. What is your favorite technique? I love everything about coloring with any kind. I don’t know it’s called technique but I love using sketches to create cards.
4. What is your favorite tool? My Sizzix die cut machine.
5. What are your favorite embellishments? I always love ribbons and I also love pearls in this moment.
6. What is your favorite coloring method? I love any methods…but it would be water coloring with reinkers if I had to pick just one.
7. What is your favorite color combo? I’m always happy with blue and brown combo
8. If you had to describe your stamping style with 3 words, what would they be? Classic, elegant and colorful.
9. Do you always send the cards you create? I wish I said “Of course!!” but I make cards way more than sending…I’m trying to let go though….lol.
10. For which occasion or holiday do you create the most cards? Birthday and Christmas. My favorite holiday cards to see are ones for Easter. I love those spring colors start showing up on blogging world!
11. What is your favorite stamping magazine? Gee….I haven’t bought stamp magazines for a while. I always love Crafts ‘n Things because it’s not only showing stamping but also other crafts I’d love to try.
12. What are your favorite Repeat Impressions’ designs? I love those purrfect cats images! I’m a big cat lover! Those fun sentiments for stampers and lighthouses are “must have” too!
13. What are your other interests besides stamping? I love photography. My plan is to start scrapbooking again with those photos I’ve taken. I also love going to antique stores and flea markets.
14. Name your favorite food and one food you can’t stand. Favorite food – Gyoza (Japanese steamed pot-stickers), Sushi (obvious? lol), Korean BBQ, Caesar salad, ice cream, …I can go on forever… One food I can’t stand is watermelon.
15. What is your guilty pleasure? Eating ice cream for dinner, lol.
16. Do you have any pet peeves? People who keep telling a lie on lying. Conversations with the computer voice for the customer service…grrrr… I want to talk to a REAL person!!
17. Tell us one random thing people may not know about you. I used to love cleaning house until I found the joy of paper crafting…lol.
18. Name 3 things on your “bucket list”. Go to Europe, learn surfing, learn snowboarding.
19. If you were going to be stuck on a deserted island, which 5 books, movies, people and foods would you take along?
Books — bible and four longest novels.
Movies — Blind Side, Rudy, 13 Going on 30, Home Alone and Foot loose.
People — My husband, daughter, son and one couple who are both good friends to my husband and me.
Foods — rice, ice cream, baby carrots, banana, chocolate.
20. If you have to choose a movie title for your life story, what would that be? A City Girl Gone Country!
Thank you, Makiko, for sharing a little bit about yourself here with us. It was a lot of fun learning more about you! And I know you’ll all want to keep up with Makiko’s latest creations so be sure to visit her blog, MakInk Studio. While you’re there don’t forget to leave her some love too!
And before I sign off… just a friendly reminder. If you haven’t created a card for our latest Sketch Challenge yet, we sure hope you will soon! Submissions are being accepted until next Tuesday, 6/29. Please refer to my WHAT IF? Wednesday post from 6/16 for all the details. It’s simple… play along with our sketch, upload a link to your card here on the RI blog and you’ll automatically be entered to win a $25 Repeat Impressions gift certificate!
Hope you’re having a great day and thank you for stopping by!