It’s WHAT IF? Wednesday again so you know what that means… time for a new sketch challenge!! I just love these WIW’s don’t you?! I’m having a blast designing these sketch layouts and then watching to see what everyone will create with them. And not only am I introducing a new sketch today, but I’m also announcing the winner from our June challenge submissions!
So without further ado… drum roll please… random.org has selected Karen Hasheck as the lucky winner of the $25 Repeat Impressions gift certificate! Congrats to you, Karen! Please email me (email@example.com) so that I can get your certificate to you.
And let’s also give a round of applause to all those who took the time to play along with us this month. Thank you so much for joining in. We really enjoyed seeing your creations! We hope you had fun too and will continue to create along with us.
Ready to go again?! Here is our latest Sketch Challenge and all the great samples created by our Rock Stars to inspire you. Fabulous cards once again!!
All jazzed up now and ready to play along? The rules are really simple… Your card doesn’t even have to be made with Repeat Impressions stamps, but if you would like to include our designs we would love to see them! Simply create a card based on my sketch, upload your card to your blog or Splitcoast gallery, then link your card here to this post by clicking on the little blue button below. We will be accepting submissions to this J3010 Sketch Challenge until 5pm (eastern time) on July 13th. All participants will be automatically entered into our random drawing.
And remember, for each challenge you play along with in July you will increase your chances of winning. On July 14th we will post a new challenge. And when that challenge wraps up at the end of the month we’ll be announcing the winner of our July challenges. So you may participate in one challenge or the other OR you may participate in BOTH challenges each month and double your chances of winning! One lucky person will win a $25 Repeat Impressions Gift Certificate!
So happy you could stop by today and hope to see your card posted here soon!
One of my favorite sightings in Maine are the lupines that bloom along a stretch of road near here every June. The long, sweeping patches bursting with purples, blues and pinks are always breathtaking.
Unfortunately lupines aren’t around for very long, but while they are here they really do make quite an impact. So this week I’m celebrating my favorite wildflower and prolonging their season by featuring my #1711-K Lupine image for our Stamp of the Week. And just look at all the beautiful cards our Rock Stars have created to inspire you!
This stamp is available exclusively to our blog readers at 50% OFF from June 28 – July 4, 2010 only. (Limited to 1 per person please.) If you would like to purchase this stamp please click on this Lupine link and scroll down the page a bit. To receive your special discount please be sure to reference SOTW628 in the Special Instructions section of the online order form. PLEASE NOTE: The discount WILL NOT appear when you place your order. Once your order is ready to be shipped WE WILL apply the discount and process your credit card at that time. I will also send you a follow-up email to let you know your final adjusted total.
My goodness, but where does the time go? I can’t believe it’s the last Monday of June already! And it’s also almost time to wrap up our second month of Sketch Challenges too. If you haven’t uploaded your card yet it’s still not too late to join us. Why not play along for your chance at a $25 Repeat Impressions gift certificate! Please refer to my WHAT IF? Wednesday post from June 16th for all the details.
Happy Monday and thanks for stopping by!
Last weekend at this time we were in Florida for the StampFest convention. The Orlando show is always a good time but this year it was extra special! My 9 year old niece, Adriana, came along for the trip. She helped me teach at the Make & Take on Friday night and assisted us in the Repeat Impressions booth too.
And, we also had a nice surprise awaiting us on Saturday morning… Repeat’s Rock Star, Ayana Posadas, was in the house! Ayana was there attending her very first stamp convention and helping out in the DeNami booth. After corresponding via email for several months it was wonderful to get to meet her. I already knew that Ayana was a real sweetie but she’s even more adorable in person!
It was great to see all our Florida stamping friends again, but I’d be lying if I didn’t say that it was really nice to be back in Maine and away from all that heat and humidity too. This northern girl doesn’t function too well in the icky stickies! So this weekend I’m back in the office getting in a cool frame of mind and working on some new holiday stamp designs. Yay!!
However you’re spending your weekend I hope it’s wonderful.
Thanks for stopping by!
It’s Rock Star Spotlight day! Today we’re getting acquainted with Makiko Jones!
1. Tell us a little about your family. I’m married to my husband for 15 years and we are blessed with 2 children – one daughter (12) and son (9). We met in Tokyo where I grew up when he was stationed at Yokota AB. After we moved many places for 14 years, we finally settled in a small town of Texas in spring 2008. Now, we enjoy country living including 3 cats and 1 dog. A girl from a big city…it was a big life change but I start liking the quiet life
2. How did you get into stamping? I was a scrapbooker before stamper and used to use stamps to create the original pattern papers. Then I was invited to my friend’s SU workshop about 6 years ago and I’ve never stopped stamping since then.
3. What is your favorite technique? I love everything about coloring with any kind. I don’t know it’s called technique but I love using sketches to create cards.
4. What is your favorite tool? My Sizzix die cut machine.
5. What are your favorite embellishments? I always love ribbons and I also love pearls in this moment.
6. What is your favorite coloring method? I love any methods…but it would be water coloring with reinkers if I had to pick just one.
7. What is your favorite color combo? I’m always happy with blue and brown combo
8. If you had to describe your stamping style with 3 words, what would they be? Classic, elegant and colorful.
9. Do you always send the cards you create? I wish I said “Of course!!” but I make cards way more than sending…I’m trying to let go though….lol.
10. For which occasion or holiday do you create the most cards? Birthday and Christmas. My favorite holiday cards to see are ones for Easter. I love those spring colors start showing up on blogging world!
11. What is your favorite stamping magazine? Gee….I haven’t bought stamp magazines for a while. I always love Crafts ‘n Things because it’s not only showing stamping but also other crafts I’d love to try.
12. What are your favorite Repeat Impressions’ designs? I love those purrfect cats images! I’m a big cat lover! Those fun sentiments for stampers and lighthouses are “must have” too!
13. What are your other interests besides stamping? I love photography. My plan is to start scrapbooking again with those photos I’ve taken. I also love going to antique stores and flea markets.
14. Name your favorite food and one food you can’t stand. Favorite food – Gyoza (Japanese steamed pot-stickers), Sushi (obvious? lol), Korean BBQ, Caesar salad, ice cream, …I can go on forever… One food I can’t stand is watermelon.
15. What is your guilty pleasure? Eating ice cream for dinner, lol.
16. Do you have any pet peeves? People who keep telling a lie on lying. Conversations with the computer voice for the customer service…grrrr… I want to talk to a REAL person!!
17. Tell us one random thing people may not know about you. I used to love cleaning house until I found the joy of paper crafting…lol.
18. Name 3 things on your “bucket list”. Go to Europe, learn surfing, learn snowboarding.
19. If you were going to be stuck on a deserted island, which 5 books, movies, people and foods would you take along?
Books — bible and four longest novels.
Movies — Blind Side, Rudy, 13 Going on 30, Home Alone and Foot loose.
People — My husband, daughter, son and one couple who are both good friends to my husband and me.
Foods — rice, ice cream, baby carrots, banana, chocolate.
20. If you have to choose a movie title for your life story, what would that be? A City Girl Gone Country!
Thank you, Makiko, for sharing a little bit about yourself here with us. It was a lot of fun learning more about you! And I know you’ll all want to keep up with Makiko’s latest creations so be sure to visit her blog, MakInk Studio. While you’re there don’t forget to leave her some love too!
And before I sign off… just a friendly reminder. If you haven’t created a card for our latest Sketch Challenge yet, we sure hope you will soon! Submissions are being accepted until next Tuesday, 6/29. Please refer to my WHAT IF? Wednesday post from 6/16 for all the details. It’s simple… play along with our sketch, upload a link to your card here on the RI blog and you’ll automatically be entered to win a $25 Repeat Impressions gift certificate!
Hope you’re having a great day and thank you for stopping by!