Happy Wednesday everyone! It’s time for another Rock Star Spotlight! This week we’re shinning the light on Darsie Bruno.
1. Tell us a little about your family. I’m a mother of three extraordinary adults whom I adore, and I have the greatest sister in the world! My father has passed, whom I miss every moment of my life, and my Mom has more strength than I’ve ever seen!
2. How did you get into stamping? I started making ATC’s and ventured into stamping from there!
3. What is your favorite technique? Coloring
4. What is your favorite tool? Cuttlebug
5. What are your favorite embellishments? Swirly Pearls
6. What is your favorite coloring method? Coloring with Copics
7. What is your favorite color combo? Black, red and white!
8. If you had to describe your stamping style with 3 words, what would they be? Feminine, elegant and stylish
9. Do you always send the cards you create? I don’t really send out my cards! I have a group of ladies who purchase them!
10. For which occasion or holiday do you create the most cards? Christmas
11. What is your favorite stamping magazine? Rubber Stamp Madness
12. What are your favorite Repeat Impressions’ designs? Great Blue Heron and Vase of Tulips
13. What are your other interests besides stamping? Photography, encaustic wax painting, lampworking, and quilting
14. Name your favorite food and one food you can’t stand. Anything with chocolate and orange in it, and I can’t stand stewed tomatoes.
15. What is your guilty pleasure? Purchasing Martha Stewart punches and teasing my sister about it!
16. Do you have any pet peeves? It drives me nuts when they put one item in a plastic bag at the grocery store!!
17. Tell us one random thing people may not know about you. I love reading about Russian History.
18. Name 3 things on your “bucket list”. Go to Ireland, go back to Alaska, and create that one flawless bead!
19. If you were going to be stuck on a deserted island, which 5 books, movies, people and foods would you take along? The bible and some steamy romances, Hello Dolly, my children and my sister, and chocolate, of course!
Thank you, Darsie, for sharing a little of yourself here with all of us. It’s been fun getting to know you better! And if you’d all like to keep up with Darsie’s latest news and creations be sure to visit her blog, Crafting with Darsie.
So there you have it. Today is both a happy and a sad occasion. Happy, because we got to spend time learning more about Darsie, but sad because that finalizes our Rock Star Spotlight series. It’s true… we’ve completed the rounds and gotten to know all 10 of the artists behind all the fabulous cards you see featured here every week. (But if you missed anyone you can always click the Rock Star Spotlight category or tag links to catch up.) It was great fun while it lasted wasn’t it?! So I guess it’s time now to put on my thinking cap and come up with a another new reason to love Wednesdays!
Have a fab day and thank you for stopping by!