Happy Wednesday everyone! It’s time for another Rock Star Spotlight! This week we’re shinning the light on Darsie Bruno.
1. Tell us a little about your family. I’m a mother of three extraordinary adults whom I adore, and I have the greatest sister in the world! My father has passed, whom I miss every moment of my life, and my Mom has more strength than I’ve ever seen!
2. How did you get into stamping? I started making ATC’s and ventured into stamping from there!
3. What is your favorite technique? Coloring
4. What is your favorite tool? Cuttlebug
5. What are your favorite embellishments? Swirly Pearls
6. What is your favorite coloring method? Coloring with Copics
7. What is your favorite color combo? Black, red and white!
8. If you had to describe your stamping style with 3 words, what would they be? Feminine, elegant and stylish
9. Do you always send the cards you create? I don’t really send out my cards! I have a group of ladies who purchase them!
10. For which occasion or holiday do you create the most cards? Christmas
11. What is your favorite stamping magazine? Rubber Stamp Madness
12. What are your favorite Repeat Impressions’ designs? Great Blue Heron and Vase of Tulips
13. What are your other interests besides stamping? Photography, encaustic wax painting, lampworking, and quilting
14. Name your favorite food and one food you can’t stand. Anything with chocolate and orange in it, and I can’t stand stewed tomatoes.
15. What is your guilty pleasure? Purchasing Martha Stewart punches and teasing my sister about it!
16. Do you have any pet peeves? It drives me nuts when they put one item in a plastic bag at the grocery store!!
17. Tell us one random thing people may not know about you. I love reading about Russian History.
18. Name 3 things on your “bucket list”. Go to Ireland, go back to Alaska, and create that one flawless bead!
19. If you were going to be stuck on a deserted island, which 5 books, movies, people and foods would you take along? The bible and some steamy romances, Hello Dolly, my children and my sister, and chocolate, of course!
Thank you, Darsie, for sharing a little of yourself here with all of us. It’s been fun getting to know you better! And if you’d all like to keep up with Darsie’s latest news and creations be sure to visit her blog, Crafting with Darsie.
So there you have it. Today is both a happy and a sad occasion. Happy, because we got to spend time learning more about Darsie, but sad because that finalizes our Rock Star Spotlight series. It’s true… we’ve completed the rounds and gotten to know all 10 of the artists behind all the fabulous cards you see featured here every week. (But if you missed anyone you can always click the Rock Star Spotlight category or tag links to catch up.) It was great fun while it lasted wasn’t it?! So I guess it’s time now to put on my thinking cap and come up with a another new reason to love Wednesdays!
Have a fab day and thank you for stopping by!
Happy Monday! Today’s Stamp of the Week is our #4207-H Play Time Cat. This playful kitty is just one of Repeat Impressions many, many cat theme stamps! I have two “children” of the feline persuasion and you might say I am more than smitten by their sweet little faces. Yes, I confess… I am easily manipulated by 10 lbs. of fur! I even aspire to be a crazy cat lady someday!
Check out these wonderful cards created by our Rock Stars to inspire you this week! And don’t forget to leave us all a little love too… your comments make our day!
This stamp is available exclusively to our blog readers at 50% OFF from September 27 – October 3, 2010 only. (Limited to 1 per person please.) If you would like to purchase this stamp please click on this Play Time Cat link and scroll way down the page. To receive your special discount please be sure to reference SOTW927 in the Special Instructions section of the online order form. PLEASE NOTE: The discount WILL NOT appear when you place your order. Once your order is ready to be shipped WE WILL apply the discount and process your credit card at that time. I will also send you a follow-up email to let you know your final adjusted total. On a side note… More cat stamps can be found by clicking here as well as sprinkled throughout our Seasonal & Holiday section.
Thanks so much for visiting today. I hope you’ll join me again on Wednesday when we wrap up our Rock Star Spotlight series!
P.S. If you haven’t done so already, don’t forget to check out our latest Sketch Challenge and submit a card. You could be the next winner of a $25 Repeat Impressions Gift Certificate! Follow this link for details.
It’s my favorite day of the week again! It’s WHAT IF? Wednesday and time for a new Sketch Challenge! I designed the card layout shown here and then asked our Rock Stars to have some fun with it. Just look at all the fabulous cards they’ve created to inspire you! Be sure to visit their individual blogs too for details on techniques and materials used.
Don’t these make you want to start stamping up a card of your own right now?! Why not play along! The rules are really simple… Your card doesn’t even have to be made with Repeat Impressions stamps, but if you would like to include our designs we would REALLY love to see them! Simply create a card based on my sketch, upload your card to your blog or Splitcoast gallery, then link your card here to this post by clicking on the little blue button below. We will be accepting submissions to this S2210 Sketch Challenge until 5pm (eastern time) on October 5th. All participants will be automatically entered into our random drawing.
Before I sign off for today I also want to give a shout out to those of you who took the time to play along with us on our previous challenges. Thank you so much! We really enjoy seeing your creations! We hope you had fun too and will continue to play along on this latest challenge as well. On October 6th we will post a new challenge and announce the winner from our September challenges. So the more you participate, the more chances you have to win! One lucky person will win a $25 Repeat Impressions Gift Certificate!
So what are you waiting for?! Play along with us and start stamping up a card now. We can’t wait to see your creations! When you are ready to share your card, please add the direct link to your entry using the link button below. And please be sure to reference Repeat Impressions Sketch S2210 in your blog or gallery posting.
Hope to see your masterpiece posted here soon! And don’t forget to leave us a comment… we always love to hear your feedback. Thanks so much for stopping by and Happy First Day of Fall!
It’s Monday… and time for a new Stamp of the Week! This time we’re offering our sweet #4212-I Fawn image. The Rock Stars have been busy creating these wonderful pieces to inspire you.
This stamp is available exclusively to our blog readers at 50% OFF from September 20 – 26, 2010 only. (Limited to 1 per person please.) If you would like to purchase this stamp please click on this Fawn link and scroll down the page a bit. To receive your special discount please be sure to reference SOTW920 in the Special Instructions section of the online order form. PLEASE NOTE: The discount WILL NOT appear when you place your order. Once your order is ready to be shipped WE WILL apply the discount and process your credit card at that time. I will also send you a follow-up email to let you know your final adjusted total.
It’s also almost time to wrap up our first Sketch Challenge of the month too. If you haven’t uploaded your card yet it’s still not too late to join us. Submissions close tomorrow 9/21. Why not play along for your chance at a $25 Repeat Impressions gift certificate! Please refer to my WHAT IF? Wednesday post from September 8th for all the details.
Thanks for stopping by! Hope you have a great day and a great week!