Our Rock Star Spotlight series has been a big hit and a lot of fun. We got a chance to get to learn some interesting facts about all of the talented stampers (aka Repeat’s Rock Stars) who share their wonderful card creations with us here every week. Then last time, by reader request, I spotlighted myself… the artist who creates all the images that become our stamp designs. Now this week, by Rock Star request, we are shining the spotlight on my husband, Bill, the craftsman who turns my designs into stamps for all of you.
1. Tell us a little about your family. My wife and I celebrated our 20th wedding anniversary this past summer. We have two cats for “sons” and I also have a daughter from my previous life. She is a nurse and lives in Florida.
2. How did you get into stamping? I got into the stamping business after I had to retire from my previous job due to several herniated discs in my neck. My mother-in-law’s new hobby at that time inspired us to start Repeat Impressions. If you missed it earlier you can read the story of how we came to be by following this link.
3. What is your favorite technique? Using the scroll saw to cut out all the rubber dies.
4. What is your favorite tool? Our big vulcanizer
5. What is your favorite color combo? That’s simple… black ink on wood.
6. If you had to describe your stamping style with 3 words, what would they be? Down and dirty!
7. Do you always send the cards you create? No card creating for me… I leave that to the experts.
8. What is your favorite stamping magazine? Vamp Stamp News was the first magazine we ever advertised in. I still look forward to checking it out every month.
9. What are your favorite Repeat Impressions’ designs? There are many but if I had to choose I would say our #1704-P Great Blue Heron, #708-K Rebecca, the lighthouse stamps and really all the ones that index well and make my job easier.
10. What are your other interests besides stamping? Watching football, trying new micro brews, driving my John Deere tractor, hunting, camping, reading, travel and trying new things.
11. Name your favorite food and one food you can’t stand. I love to eat and pretty much like ALL kinds of foods. But I can never pass up the Argentinian beef at El Gaucho Steakhouse when we visit Aruba. We don’t eat a lot of red meat at home so this is a real treat. The only food I really can’t stand… tuna casserole!
12. What is your guilty pleasure? Buying new hats. And this drives my wife crazy! She’s always pointing out that I only have one head so why do I need 200 hats. I just can’t help myself. I like to collect baseball style hats from all the different places we visit.
13. Do you have any pet peeves? People who do all kinds of stupid things when they are driving instead of focusing on the road.
14. Tell us one random thing people may not know about you. I enjoy making bread the old fashioned way with my hands… no bread machines in this house. I usually bake a dozen or so different kinds of loaves on Christmas Eve… and the relatives have been known to fight over the leftover loaves after dinner the next day.
15. Name 3 things on your “bucket list”. Take my wife to Alaska and also visit Ireland where I’ll drink real Guinness in a real Irish pub.
16. If you were going to be stuck on a deserted island, which 5 books, movies, people and foods would you take along?
Books: Any of the Alex Cross books by James Patterson and anything by Dean Koontz, John Grisham or Tom Clancy .
Movies: Dirty Harry, The Shawshank Redemption, The Longest Yard, The Man From Snowy River and Beverly Hills Cop.
People: My wife, and… do I really have to bring any more people? Then it would no longer be a deserted island!
Foods: Lobster, steak, cheese, olives and beer! (Good thing my wife had all the vegetables on her list!)
17. If you have to choose a movie title for your life story, what would that be? Well considering all the time we spend on the road traveling to stamp shows, how about… Driving Miss Wendy
Now I have to admit… I had a lot of fun working on this post! Of course, getting Bill to sit still long enough to answer all of these questions took a bit of doing, but I think it was worth it in the end. Thanks, sweetie, for playing along with us! I hope you all enjoyed it too. And if you missed it previously and would like a virtual tour of how our stamps are made you can learn all about it by following this link.
Thanks for stopping by today and spending some time with us!
So how are those cards coming for our latest Sketch Challenge?
Happy Monday and welcome to our latest Stamp of the Week! This time around we’re featuring our sweet #117-I Rocking Horse image. This adorable stamp is equally as cute on a baby card as it is on a Christmas card. You’ll see what I mean when you check out these wonderful cards created by our Rock Stars!
This stamp is available exclusively to our blog readers at 50% OFF from October 25-31, 2010 only. (Limited to 1 per person please.) If you would like to purchase this stamp please click on this Rocking Horse link and scroll down the page a bit. To receive your special discount please be sure to reference SOTW1025 in the Special Instructions section of the online order form. PLEASE NOTE: The discount WILL NOT appear when you place your order. Once your order is ready to be shipped WE WILL apply the discount and process your credit card at that time. I will also send you a follow-up email to let you know your final adjusted total.
So did you get a chance to check out our latest Sketch Challenge yet? If not, you’ll want to take a peek at my WHAT IF? Wednesday post from October 20th. The Rock Stars all provided fabulous cards to get your creative juices flowing. Don’t miss out on all the fun… why not create a card for your chance to win a $25 Repeat Impressions Gift Certificate!
Thanks for spending time with us… hope you’re having a great day!
It’s WHAT IF? Wednesday here again at The House That Stamps Built! I designed the card layout shown here and then asked our Rock Stars put their own spin on it. Check out all the wonderful cards they’ve created to inspire you today!
And now it’s your turn! The rules are really simple… Your card doesn’t even have to be made with Repeat Impressions stamps, but if you would like to include our designs we would really love to see them! Plus you will get an additional entry in our random.org drawing for using our stamps in your submissions! Simply create a card based on my sketch, upload your card to your blog or Splitcoast gallery, then link your card here to this post by clicking on the little blue button below.
We will be accepting submissions to this O2010 Sketch Challenge until 5pm est on November 2nd. All participants will be automatically entered into our random drawing. Then on November 3rd we will post a new challenge and announce the winner from our October challenges. One lucky person will win a $25 Repeat Impressions Gift Certificate!
So what are you waiting for?! Why not play along with us and start stamping up a card now. We can’t wait to see your creations! When you are ready to share your card, please add the direct link to your entry using the link button below. And please be sure to reference Repeat Impressions Sketch O2010 in your blog or gallery posting.
Happy Wednesday and thanks so much for stopping by!
We hope to see your card linked here soon!
It’s Stamp of the Week day! We’re wrapping up our Halloween offerings with our #2318-G Round Pumpkin image. This stamp is just one of the stamps in our Create Your Own Jacko’lantern collection. Choose from 3 different pumpkin shapes and 6 different faces to create your own jacko’lantern!
Here are a bunch of fun cards created by our Rock Stars to inspire you this week!
This stamp is available exclusively to our blog readers at 50% OFF from October 18-24, 2010 only. (Limited to 1 per person please.) If you would like to purchase this stamp please click on this Round Pumpkin link and scroll down the page a bit. To receive your special discount please be sure to reference SOTW1018 in the Special Instructions section of the online order form. PLEASE NOTE: The discount WILL NOT appear when you place your order. Once your order is ready to be shipped WE WILL apply the discount and process your credit card at that time. I will also send you a follow-up email to let you know your final adjusted total.
And your final friendly reminder… It’s almost time to wrap up our first Sketch Challenge of the month! If you haven’t uploaded your card yet it’s still not too late to join us. Submissions are being accepted until Tuesday 10/19 at 5pm est. Why not play along for your chance to win a $25 Repeat Impressions Gift Certificate! Please refer to my WHAT IF? Wednesday post from October 6th for all the details.
Hope you have a great day and thanks for stopping by!