Well, it was unanimous… Repeat’s Rock Stars had such fun casing Darsie’s card that we decided to CASE another card! This time our inspiration card was created by Dana Joy. Isn’t it adorable?! I can’t get enough of these penguins and I especially love what she did with their hats!
"CASE #N24" card created by Dana Joy.
Visit Dana’s blog
For those of you who may be unfamiliar… CASE is a term people use “to case a card”. Some say it stands for “copy and share everything” and others say “copy and selectively edit”. In either situation, when you CASE a card, you are to some degree copying someone else’s work. You look to their card for inspiration… whether it be the layout, or the color combination or any other design element of the card or all of the above. And then you borrow from that to create a card of your own that may be slightly different, but feels similar.
So a few days ago Dana shared this sweet card with her fellow Rock Stars and asked them to CASE it. Here are the wonderful cards they came up with…
"CASE #N24" card created by Lynette Neus.
Visit Lynette’s blog
"CASE #N24" card created by Darsie Bruno.
Visit Darsie’s blog
"CASE #N24" card created by Harriet Skelly.
Visit Harriet’s blog
"CASE #N24" card created by Joy Hadden.
Visit Joy’s blog
"CASE #N24" card created by Makiko Jones.
Visit Makiko’s blog
"CASE #N24" card created by Michele Greenwood.
Visit Michele’s blog
Now we’d like for you to play along with us!
Here are all the details…
1. Create a card based on the inspiration card provided. Your card does not have to be made with Repeat Impressions stamps, but if you would like to include our designs we would reeally love to see them! Plus, there’s an added bonus… you will get an additional entry in our random.org drawing for using our stamps in your submissions!
2. Post your cased card on your blog or online gallery and be sure to reference Repeat Impressions CASE #N24. Then link it here with the inlinkz widget below. (Please provide a direct link to your post, not the entire blog.)
3. Submissions will be accepted until Tuesday, December 7th at 5PM EST.
4. You may enter as many times as you like, but you must provide a newly designed project each time.
5. On December 8th we will post a new CASE Card Challenge and when that wraps up at the end of the month we will choose one winner randomly from all the submissions. For this challenge the winner will receive any one unmounted sheet of their choice!
Which reminds me… I almost forgot to announce the winner of our first CASE Card Challenge! So without further ado… the lucky winner is… Paulette Kasmer! Congrats Paulette!! You just won an unmounted sheet of our 2100 series of holiday rubber stamps! Please leave a comment here and/or drop me an email (email@example.com) so that we can get your stamps on their way.
Warm wishes to you all for a Happy Thanksgiving! And thank you for taking time out of this busy week to visit with us. In between all that leftover turkey and holiday shopping I hope you will take a little time for some creativity too. We look forward to seeing your CASE card creation added here soon!