Surprise! It’s Rock Star Spotlight Day here again at The House That Stamps Built. It’s fun to learn a little bit about the women behind the art isn’t it?! This week we’re shining the spotlight on Geri Utterback. Here are Geri’s responses to our game of 20 questions…
1. Tell us a little about your family. I’m married to my best friend and we have been married for 36 years. I have two daughters from a previous marriage. They gave me two wonderful grandchildren and are in college. My DH retired this year and we are still trying to adjust to him being home all the time.
2. How did you get into stamping? My daughter Brenda introduced me to making cards. We started getting together with my other daughter Theresa and making cards together. We had so much fun and the next thing I knew I was hooked. Some of you may know my daughters, Brenda Turner – Stamp It Up and Theresa Momber – Crafting The Web.
3. What is your favorite technique? The thing I really love about creating cards is the coloring. I could spend all day coloring and often have many images colored before making the card itself.
4. What is your favorite tool? Dies
5. What are your favorite embellishments? Ribbons
6. What is your favorite coloring method? Copic markers and Prisma pencils.
7. What is your favorite color combo? Teal and peach for now, it changes.
8. If you had to describe your stamping style with 3 words, what would they be? Not really sure if I have a stamping style. Hopefully I’m versatile and artistic.
9. Do you always send the cards you create? No, I often make cards using a sentiment for a challenge that I don’t have a need for. Sometimes I send extra cards to OWH.
10. For which occasion or holiday do you create the most cards? Birthdays and Christmas.
11. What is your favorite stamping magazine? Cardmaker
12. What are your favorite Repeat Impressions’ designs? This is a hard one. I love a lot of them, but I really love the cat images and the Blue Heron.
13. What are your other interests besides stamping? Reading, spending time with my family and going for walks, especially along the beach when we can.
14. Name your favorite food and one food you can’t stand. I love chicken and I can’t stand okra .
15. What is your guilty pleasure? Chocolate anything!!
16. Do you have any pet peeves? Bad drivers
17. Tell us one random thing people may not know about you. I can make a really good pie crust.
18. Name 3 things on your “bucket list”. To do more traveling, start playing the guitar again and lose some weight.
19. If you were going to be stuck on a deserted island, which 5 books, 5 movies, 5 people and 5 foods would you take along?
Books: Harry Potter series, a cookbook (for the cook), The Lake House
Movies: A River Runs Through It, Steel Magnolias, When Harry Met Sally and any James Bond movies for my DH.
People: My husband, too many to take all my family, so a doctor, a cook, a gardener and a carpenter to build me a ship so I can get off this Island!!!
Food: Fruit and vegetables that have seeds (so the gardener can grow more), chickens, and chocolate.
20. If you have to choose a movie title for your life story, what would that be? Steel Magnolias
Thank you, Geri, for sharing your responses here with us. It was fun learning a little more about you! And I know you’ll all want to keep up with Geri’s latest creations too so be sure to visit her blog, Geri’s Cards.
Before I sign off… a couple of friendly reminders… If you haven’t created a card for our latest Designer’s Choice Challenge yet, we sure hope you will soon! Submissions are being accepted until Tuesday, April 23. Please refer to my DCC410 ~ Clean And Simple Cards post for all the details. Play along with this challenge, upload a link to your card here on the RI blog, and you’ll automatically be entered to win a full sheet of rubber stamps… any sheet of your choice!
Also… Bill and I are busy today getting our booth set up for the StampScrapArtTour show in Rockford, IL. We’ll be at the Clock Tower Resort this weekend, April 20 & 21. If you’re in the area we hope you will come visit with us. We have lots of new stamp designs to show you since our last trip to Illinois!
Happy Friday and thank you for stopping by.
Here’s wishing us all a wonderful weekend!