You know how I love Wednesdays… Well today is an extra special Wednesday. Not only do we have a new challenge to share, we’re also introducing a new Rock Star today too. Woohoo! Please help us in welcoming Brenda Turner to the Repeat Impressions family. I asked Brenda to tell us a little about herself and this is what she had to say…
“I am happily married for 23 years to Brain and Mom to one son, Kody. I happen to be lucky enough to live in the prettiest part of Northern California. I have the ocean a five minute walk from my home and the beautiful and majestic Giant Redwoods a 15 minute drive away. I work as a food service director for a local school district. It is my dream job which I really enjoy and find very rewarding.
For me crafting has always been a part of my life. I have tried many different types of crafts, stamping and paper crafts are my favorite. My cardmaking journey started about 7 years ago. Paper crafting is a wonderful way for me to take some time to myself and allows me to express my creative side. I find it very therapeutic.”
The Rock Stars and I are all so thrilled to have Brenda join us and I can’t wait to see what she will create with our stamps.
And now, on to our latest challenge… Today’s Designer’s Choice Challenge is another fun theme challenge. Repeat Rock Star, Joyce Morien is challenging you to create any sort of critter card with fur, fins, or feathers.
Check out this fantastic card Joyce created to get us all started. Gotta say… Her OMG really made me LOL! Love it!
So a few days ago Joyce shared this card with her fellow Rock Stars and asked them to create their own critter cards. Check out all these wonderful cards the Rock Stars and our guest artist, Sarah Preston, came up with to inspire you this week!
And now it’s your turn. Here are all the details…
1. Create a critter card with fur, fins, or feathers. And remember, your creation does not have to be made with Repeat Impressions stamps, but if you would like to include our designs we would reeeally love to see them! Plus, there’s an added bonus… you will get an additional entry in our random.org drawing for using our stamps in your submissions!
2. Post your DCC creation on your blog or online gallery and be sure to reference Repeat Impressions DCC522 ~ Fur, Fins, or Feathers. Then link it here with the inlinkz widget below. (Please provide a direct link to your post, not the entire blog.)
3. Submissions will be accepted until Tuesday, June 4th at 5PM EST.
4. On June 5th we will introduce a new Designer’s Choice Challenge (DCC) to play along with and announce our winner for May. For this challenge the winner will receive any one unmounted sheet of stamps of their choice!
Don’t forget that we also have a fun Sketch Challenge happening now too. There is still another week left to get in on this one and an opportunity to win a $25 Repeat Impressions gift certificate! Please follow this link to my WHAT IF? Wednesday ~ Sketch Challenge M1513 post to see my sketch layout and all the fabulous cards the Rock Stars created to get you started.
Thanks for stopping by today. We hope you’ve found lots to inspire you and look forward to seeing your critter card linked here soon.
Until then… happy stamping!
It’s Monday, so you know what that means… It’s time for a new stamp of the week! Today we have our 4206-K Kisa 2 cat stamp for you and I have a feline you might like it. Sorry, couldn’t resist! This is an illustration I created of my “first born” cat, Kisa. She was the first cat I adopted when I was in college and living on my own. She was a gorgeous cat, but had a rather feisty personality that only a mother could love.
Check out these great cards some of the Rock Stars have created with it for your inspiration.
This stamp is available exclusively to our blog readers at 50% OFF from May 20-26, 2013 only. (Limited to 1 per person please.) If you would like to purchase this stamp please click on this Kisa 2 link and scroll way, way, down the page. To receive your special discount please be sure to reference SOTW520 in the Coupon Code section of the online order form.
And just a friendly reminder… our latest Designer’s Choice Challenge wraps up tomorrow so be sure to get your card uploaded if you want to play along for a chance to win some free rubber! Please visit my DCC58 ~ Masculine Cards post for all the details and inspiration.
If you are needing even more reasons to stamp, there is still another week left to play along with our latest Sketch Challenge. Please follow this link to my WHAT IF? Wednesday ~ Sketch Challenge M1513 post to see my sketch layout and all the great cards the Rock Stars created to get you started. You could win a $25 gift certificate just for playing along!
Thank you so much for visiting with us today. I hope you will check in with us again on Wednesday when we kick off another fun Designer’s Choice Challenge!
Have a wonderful day!
It’s Rock Star Spotlight Day here again at The House That Stamps Built. It’s always so much fun to learn a little bit about the women behind the art. This week we’re shining the spotlight on Cheri Weston. Here are Cheri’s responses to our game of 20 questions…
1. Tell us a little about your family. My husband, Carl and I live in West Gardiner, ME on farmland once owned by his grandparents, with our calico kitty we call Bobbi (she was born with a bobbed tail) and a German Shepherd puppy we call Allie. We have two adorable grandchildren who live in the Adirondacks of New York State, Philip is 5 and Alexa is 4.
2. How did you get into stamping? It was five years ago, when I offered to make baby shower invitations for my daughter-in-law’s baby shower. Without my knowing how it happened it morphed from a hobby into a lifestyle….I can’t go a day without crafting something.
3. What is your favorite technique? I love to try all techniques, but I especially love those using inks and heat embossing.
4. What is your favorite tool? I couldn’t live without my Score Buddy, my punches, my embossing folders, my dies….these are all my favorites.
5. What are your favorite embellishments? The simple ones like ribbons and buttons.
6. What is your favorite coloring method? I love coloring with Copic Markers.
7. What is your favorite color combo? I like the combination of Black/White/Red, it’s a no fail classic combination and can be used with over 50% of my stamps.
8. If you had to describe your stamping style with 3 words, what would they be? Clean and Simple. I struggled with this for so long, but once I caught on I find I’m really comfortable with it and now struggle with layering.
9. Do you always send the cards you create? No, I don’t! Unless I make a card with someone special in mind or for Repeat Impressions Show Boards….I keep my cards. When I’m over loaded with cards, I select a bunch to send to Operation Write Home or put together gift packs for special gifts.
10. For which occasion or holiday do you create the most cards? Hands down, Christmas. I love making Christmas cards.
11. What is your favorite stamping magazine? Paper Crafts and Paper Creations.
12. What are your favorite Repeat Impressions’ designs? I love the Christmas and Holiday stamps. They are some of the best I’ve seen.
13. What are your other interests besides stamping? Reading, gardening, walking, hiking, kayaking, target shooting, waterskiing, playing ice hockey.
14. Name your favorite food and one food you can’t stand. I don’t think I have a favorite food, but I for sure, I don’t like fish.
15. What is your guilty pleasure? Red wine. I love a nice glass of red wine…okay, two glasses of nice red wine.
16. Do you have any pet peeves? Yes. I have no patients with people who blame others for their own problems.
17. Tell us one random thing people may not know about you. I once worked for the FBI.
18. Name 3 things on your “bucket list”. I don’t really have a “bucket list” but I would love to sky dive, visit these countries: Australia, New Zealand, Iceland and Scotland and hike a portion (I’m a realist) of the Appalachian Trail.
19. If you were going to be stuck on a deserted island, which 5 books, 5 movies, 5 people and 5 foods would you take along?
• 5 books: Gone With The Wind, Celia Garth (or any book by Gwen Bristow), Far From the Madding Crowd, Return of the Native, A Walk in the Woods.
• 5 Movies: Gone With the Wind, The King’s Speech, Dirty Dancing, Sweet Home Alabama, Sleepless in Seattle.
• 5 people: My husband, son, daughter-in-law and both grandchildren.
• 5 Foods: Tacos (anything Mexican), potato salad, broccoli, Swiss cheese and chocolate brownies with walnuts.
20. If you have to choose a movie title for your life story, what would that be? “Sleepless in West Gardiner”.
Thank you, Cheri, for sharing your responses here with us. It was fun learning a little more about you! And I know you’ll all want to keep up with Cheri’s latest creations too so be sure to visit her blog, Stamp’n Boomer.
And before I sign off… a friendly reminder. If you haven’t created a card for our latest Sketch Challenge yet, we sure hope you will soon! Submissions are being accepted until Tuesday, May 28. Please refer to my WHAT IF? Wednesday ~ Sketch Challenge M1513 post for all the details. Play along with our sketch, upload a link to your card here on the RI blog and you’ll automatically be entered to win a $25 Repeat Impressions gift certificate!
Happy Friday everyone and thank you for stopping by.
Have a wonderful weekend!
Aaah… Wednesday. My favorite blogging day of the week. Challenge days are always so much fun! I designed a simple sketch for you today and can’t wait to see what you will do with it.
The Rock Stars and our guest artist of the month, Sarah Preston, all did a super job with this sketch. Check out this fantastic variety of cards they have for your inspiration.
And now it’s your turn! The rules are really simple… Your card doesn’t even have to be made with Repeat Impressions stamps, but if you would like to include our designs we would really love to see them! Plus you will get an additional entry in our random.org drawing for using our stamps in your submissions! Simply create a card based on my sketch, upload your card to your blog or Splitcoast gallery, then link your card here to this post by clicking on the little blue button below.
We will be accepting submissions to this M1513 Sketch Challenge until 5pm EST on May 28th. All participants will be automatically entered into our random drawing. Then on May 29th we will post a new challenge and announce the winner for May. One lucky person will win a $25 Repeat Impressions Gift Certificate!
So what are you waiting for?! Why not play along with us and start stamping up a card now. We can’t wait to see your creations! When you are ready to share your card, please add the direct link to your entry using the link button below. And please be sure to provide a link back here and reference Repeat Impressions Sketch M1513 in your blog or gallery posting.
Don’t forget… we also have a fun Designer’s Choice Challenge going on now too! Our Rock Star hostess, Joy Hadden has a great style challenge for you this time. Please visit my DCC58 ~ Masculine Cards post for all the details and wonderful inspiration cards from the Rock Stars.
One final note… it is RI Rock Star, Cheri Weston‘s birthday today! So be sure to pop over to her blog and wish her a very Happy Birthday. Repeat Impressions is helping her celebrate too… Cheri has a special RI offer just for visitor’s to her blog this week!
Thank you so much for spending time with us here this week. We hope you’ve been inspired and look forward to seeing your sketch masterpiece linked here soon!
Until then… happy stamping!