Happy Wednesday! I’m so glad you stopped by today as it is time for another Rock Star Spotlight! This time we’re shining the light on Harriet Skelly.
1. Tell us a little about your family. I have been married to my husband for 29 years. We have one daughter and currently 3 cats. My husband and I both retired 2 years ago and are loving it!
2. How did you get into stamping? I actually started by making cards with stickers – we live by the Mrs Grossman’s factory! I went on eBay looking for stickers, bought some from Vicki at Heartwarmers and saw some Hero Arts stamps for sale. That got me hooked because I could reuse them.
3. What is your favorite technique? That’s a hard one – I think paper piecing is my favorite technique though I really love to color too.
4. What is your favorite tool? I love my Scor-pal.
5. What are your favorite embellishments? Butterflies!!! in any form!
6. What is your favorite coloring method? Water color pencils and an aquabrush.
7. What is your favorite color combo? I have always loved purple and green but am now loving summer colors like turquoise, orange and yellow.
8. If you had to describe your stamping style with 3 words, what would they be? Clean And Simple – that was an easy question.
9. Do you always send the cards you create? No. In fact, I tend to make cards for someone and forget to send it. I make cards to sell and for the many challenges on SCS and in blogland so many aren’t the kind I would send.
10. For which occasion or holiday do you create the most cards? Usually Hanukkah and Christmas cards but lately I have had several orders for Thank You cards.
11. What is your favorite stamping magazine? PaperCrafts
12. What are your favorite Repeat Impressions’ designs? My favorite RI designs are the flowers and scene stamps. I also love the fonts of the sentiment stamps.
13. What are your other interests besides stamping? Reading, knitting, volunteering in the local school.
14. Name your favorite food and one food you can’t stand. I love chocolate – is there any other food??? Unlike most people, I don’t like raspberries.
15. What is your guilty pleasure? Eating fudge brownie ice cream from Baskin Robbins.
16. Do you have any pet peeves? Punctuality – I like it when people are on time.
17. Tell us one random thing people may not know about you. I went sky diving in college – one time – that was enough! LOL
18. Name 3 things on your “bucket list”. Traveling – I want to go just about everywhere!
19. If you were going to be stuck on a deserted island, which 5 books, movies, people and foods would you take along? I’d take the Harry Potter series, Romantic Comedy movies, my husband, daughter, cats and my BFF Carol and my stamping friends from my Yahoo group. Fudge Brownie ice cream, Trader Joe’s chocolate, Gourmet Veggie pizza from Round Table, cheese and fruit.
A big thank you to Harriet for letting us get to know her a little better. That was fun! And I know you’ll want to keep up with Harriet’s latest creations so be sure to visit her blog, Allycat Cards and don’t forget to leave her some love too!
Have a great day! Thank you for spending time with us!!
P.S. If you haven’t created a card for our latest Sketch Challenge yet, we hope you will soon. Submissions are being accepted until next Tuesday, 9/21.