It’s been an extra busy week for Repeat Impressions! Last weekend we were in Westminster, MD for a stamp convention and today we’re setting up for another show in Rhinebeck, NY. In between time we spent two days at home catching up on orders, took a quick show inventory, and restocked what we could before packing it all up again to hit the road. Whew!
There were a few bright spots in our week though… At the Westminster show, RI Rock Star, Julie Smith paid us a visit. Fortunately she stopped by on Sunday when the show was a little slow so we had a chance to have a nice chat. It was great to get to meet Julie and she even brought us some cards she created to add to our display boards.
On Wednesday while we were home repacking for the next show I got a call from RI Rock Star, Joy Hadden. Joy came all the way from Texas to vacation in Maine and enjoy our fall weather. We were just so glad that we were at home on the one day she would be passing through our area. It was a real pleasure getting to meet Joy… what a sweet lady! I only wished we could have spent a little more time visiting but we were both pressed for time. I was busy getting ready for the show and Joy had a dinner date with a lobster! I was so jealous. I live in Maine and I haven’t had a lobster yet this year. Can you guess what I’ll be doing when I get back from NY?!
Thanks for stopping by today. If you are in the Rhinebeck, NY area this weekend I hope you will come by and visit us at the StampScrapArtTour show.
Have a great weekend!
It’s Rock Star Spotlight day… the day we get a glimpse into the woman behind the art! This week we’re shining the spotlight on Julie Smith.
1. Tell us a little about your family. I am married to a great guy and we have 2 teenage boys and 1 big yellow lab that thinks he is a person. I grew up in western PA, and we now live in a small town near Gettysburg, PA. My husband is a policeman and I work full time for a State Farm Agent selling insurance.
2. How did you get into stamping? A Stampin Up party! It was all history after that!
3. What is your favorite technique? I love piercing and coloring with my copics.
4. What is your favorite tool? My paper piercer!
5. What are your favorite embellishments? Definitely buttons!
6. What is your favorite coloring method? I enjoy my copics, but also love my prisma pencils.
7. What is your favorite color combo? Right now, I’d have to say I’m in an “aqua zone”…I’m liking it with everything, especially brown.
8. If you had to describe your stamping style with 3 words, what would they be? CLEAN AND SIMPLE!
9. Do you always send the cards you create? Oh my word no…I have a really hard time letting go of my cards.
10. For which occasion or holiday do you create the most cards? Birthdays and Christmas, without a doubt.
11. What is your favorite stamping magazine? I enjoy Paper Crafts.
12. What are your favorite Repeat Impressions’ designs? I like anything I can paper piece, and the funny sentiments.
13. What are your other interests besides stamping? Well, does blogging count??
14. Name your favorite food and one food you can’t stand. I love seafood….and I’m not a picky eater so really the only things I can’t stand are cabbage, turnips and rutabagas.
15. What is your guilty pleasure? I love massages….but I always feel guilty getting one because I have nothing to show for it, and face it, with the cost of a massage, thats a lot of stamping supplies.
16. Do you have any pet peeves? Laziness and incompetence….
17. Tell us one random thing people may not know about you. I’m a diabetic, and I have a hot pink insulin pump!
18. Name 3 things on your “bucket list”. I don’t really have a bucket list, I try to live each day to the fullest.
Thanks for sharing your responses here with us, Julie! I think I can speak for everyone when I say it’s been a lot of fun getting to know you better. I know you’ll all want to keep up with Julie’s latest creations so be sure to visit her blog, Paper and Such and don’t forget to leave her some love too!
Happy Wednesday everyone and thank you for stopping by today!
P.S. If you haven’t created a card for our J3010 Sketch Challenge yet, we hope you will soon. Submissions are being accepted until next Tuesday, 7/13. Please revisit my WHAT IF? Wednesday post from June 30 for details!