Today I’m excited to bring you another Rock Star Spotlight post! Repeat’s Rock Stars are all eager to get to know each other a bit better and we thought we’d share the fun with you. This week we’re getting acquainted with Michele Greenwood.
1. Tell us a little about your family. I have been married for 18 years to Jim; we have 3 children, two girls and one boy. We live in a very small community – 700 people; count our dogs and we’re up to 704! We stay very busy with sports – baseball, basketball, football, volleyball – you name it, our kids are in it. Our oldest will enter high school next year – YIKES!
2. How did you get into stamping? I had the privilege of being a stay-at-home mom for 2 years and my neighbor got me started in scrapbooking. It was fun, but when I discovered the immediate gratification of stamping a card; well, I was hooked; haven’t looked back since…um, haven’t touched those scrapbooks either!
3. What is your favorite technique? It changes all the time – I love the distressed look – whether with inks or an edging tool. Can I call clean & simple a technique? Not always easy to achieve, but I like it!
4. What is your favorite tool? Scor-Pal
5. What are your favorite embellishments? Pearls, flowers, buttons, gems – BLING!!!
6. What is your favorite coloring method? Copics
7. What is your favorite color combo? Anything with chocolate/khaki – pink and brown, blue and brown.
8. If you had to describe your stamping style with 3 words, what would they be? Whimsical, Feminine, Fun
Michele recently shared this adorable card with me that she created using our Nap Time Fairy stamp. I think this really illustrates her answer to this question, don’t you?!
9. Do you always send the cards you create? Yes, or give them to my friends to use.
10. For which occasion or holiday do you create the most cards? Valentine’s Day probably.
11. What is your favorite stamping magazine? Paper Crafts
12. What are your favorite Repeat Impressions’ designs? Oh the flowers, love the flowers!!
13. What are your other interests besides stamping? Reading, listening to music, anything our kids are doing.
14. Name your favorite food and one food you can’t stand. Oh, lots of favorites – Mexican, Italian & Chinese. Can’t stand? plain, cooked spinach.
15. What is your guilty pleasure? Honestly? Creating! Being a full-time mom, working outside the home, 3 kids, hubby and sporting events keep me incredibly busy, so my true indulgence is taking time to create!
16. Do you have any pet peeves? Not really.
17. Tell us one random thing people may not know about you. I’m under 5 ft. tall.
18. Name 3 things on your “bucket list”. Travel to New Zealand; meet Tony Stewart, attend a NASCAR event at a different track than the ones we’ve seen so far.
19. If you have to choose a movie title for your life story, what would that be? My Chaotic Life
Thanks so much, Michele, for sharing your responses here with us! It’s been fun and a real pleasure getting to know you better. I know you’ll all want to keep up with Michele’s latest creations so be sure to visit her blog, Whimsical Creations and don’t forget to leave her some love too!
Thanks for taking time out of your busy week to visit today! Hope you have a wonderful holiday weekend too!
P.S. If you haven’t created a card for our Sketch Challenge yet, we hope you will soon. We’d love to see your creations! Submissions are being accepted until next Tuesday, 6/1. Just add your card link to my last WHAT IF? Wednesday post for your chance to win a $25 Repeat Impressions gift certificate!