Meet the artist behind the creations! Today we’re shining the spotlight on Lynette Neus.
1. Tell us a little about your family. I have been married to my wonderful husband for going on 36 years. We have a daughter, son-in-law, grandson (born October 2008) and granddaughter (born March 2010) in Chicago. We have a son and daughter-in-law that live about twelve minutes from us. They are expecting their first child in December – so exciting!! And we have a cat named Lexi. We live in a suburb of Minneapolis.
2. How did you get into stamping? We went on a cruise for our 25th anniversary, and I wanted to scrapbook it, so I bought just a few things and got the scrapbook done. That was the end of it for a while. I have a friend that was really into stamping, but I had no interest in it, and she wasn’t “pushy” at all. However, I asked to be invited to the Stampin’ Up! Party that she held every summer. That was in July of 2002. And the rest, as they say, is history – I become totally addicted! (My friend no longer stamps!)
3. What is your favorite technique? Hmmm … tough question, as I love lots of techniques and keep moving from thing to thing. I guess I’d have to say embossing. I love embossing folders, stencils, texture plates, my Scor-pal – all sorts of embossing.
4. What is your favorite tool? Along those same lines, I guess my favorite tool would have to be my BIGkick. How could I emboss without it!
5. What are your favorite embellishments? I’m not much of an embellisher, but I guess maybe my favorite embellishment today would be pearls. Unless of course embossing counts as an embellishment!
6. What is your favorite coloring method? Prismacolor pencils and Gamsol.
7. What is your favorite color combo? Depends on the season and my mood! Probably purple and green. Or most anything with green!
8. If you had to describe your stamping style with 3 words, what would they be? “Clean and Simple.” But maybe “and” doesn’t count! How about clean, simple, and flowery.
9. Do you always send the cards you create? No. I make way more cards than I send, although I do send out a lot of them. I have some friends that buy them from me, and have started a blog to try to sell the rest. I also donate some to our church to sell.
10. For which occasion or holiday do you create the most cards? Well, that would have to be Christmas. We send out about 80 cards.
11. What is your favorite stamping magazine? The only one I read is PaperCraft – a gift from a great friend!
12. What are your favorite Repeat Impressions’ designs? Now, THAT’S a tough question! There are way too many to name! I love flowers, so most any of them. I love the Clover Bunny. The sentiments are great, too.
13. What are your other interests besides stamping? That is about all I do anymore! Well, I like bowling, walking, camping, computer and a few TV shows.
14. Name your favorite food and one food you can’t stand. Kung Pao chicken with rice might be my favorite, if I HAD to choose just one! I’m a very picky eater, so there are lots of foods I can’t stand! Maybe I’ll choose tomato – which includes anything made from or containing tomatoes. Or maybe onion would be worse!
15. What is your guilty pleasure? Sneaking time for more stamping!
16. Do you have any pet peeves? Oh, I’m sure I do! Grammar mistakes – like writing “your” instead of “you’re,” using “myself” instead of “me.” Wastefulness is another. I’m sure I must have more!
17. Tell us one random thing people may not know about you. I am a blood donor. Actually, I donate platelets every other week, if I’m free. I’m working on my 16-gallon pin.
18. Name 3 things on your “bucket list.” I don’t really have a “bucket list,” but I’d love to take an extended train trip though the southwest and up the California coast to Washington. I’d like to take an Alaskan cruise. Maybe hike the Grand Canyon again. OK, so maybe I DO have a bucket list!
Thank you, Lynette, for sharing your responses here with us! It’s been great fun getting to know you a little better. I know you’ll all want to keep up with Lynette’s latest creations too so be sure to visit her blog, My Stamping Addiction, and don’t forget to leave her some love!
Thank you for stopping by today! Hope you’re having a wonderful week!!
P.S. If you haven’t created a card for our J1410 Sketch Challenge yet, we hope you will soon. Submissions are being accepted until next Tuesday, 7/27.