Woohoo! It’s Rock Star Spotlight Day here again at The House That Stamps Built. We’re all really enjoying getting acquainted with one another. This little game of 20 questions is proving to be a fun way to get to know the artists behind the cards we’ve been sharing. And this week the spotlight is on Dana Joy.
1. Tell us a little about your family. I have been married for 17 years to my high school sweetheart. We have a daughter, a son and a cute little dog.
2. How did you get into stamping? A friend invited me to a Stampin’ Up party and I’ve been hooked every since.
3. What is your favorite technique? Embossing
4. What is your favorite tool? My Copic markers and Stickles.
5. What are your favorite embellishments? Brads, buttons and anything that sparkles. LOL
6. What is your favorite coloring method? Copic markers and watercoloring.
7. What is your favorite color combo? Black, white and red or brown and pink.
8. If you had to describe your stamping style with 3 words, what would they be? Sweet, sassy and contemporary.
9. Do you always send the cards you create? I have to admit, I keep a great stash of cards as examples for ones I want to make again.
10. For which occasion or holiday do you create the most cards? Christmas and birthdays.
11. What is your favorite stamping magazine? That’s a hard one. I like most of them.
12. What are your favorite Repeat Impressions’ designs? The hilarious sentiments, the flowers and the light houses.
13. What are your other interests besides stamping? Enjoying family/friends, spending quality time with my husband (he’s my hero), cooking and wine tasting.
14. Name your favorite food and one food you can’t stand. Shrimp tempura roll yummy!!! I can’t stand peas or liver.
15. What is your guilty pleasure? Shopping for shoes and more stamping items.
16. Do you have any pet peeves? Inconsiderate people and anyone who tries to steal my joy!!
17. Tell us one random thing people may not know about you. I have a twin sister.
18. Name 3 things on your “bucket list”. Go to Italy, learn how to play the piano and renew my wedding vows.
19. If you were going to be stuck on a deserted island, what person and food would you take along? My husband, a bottle of Chardonnay, and sushi.
20. If you have to choose a movie title for your life story, what would that be? I’m not sure….I don’t watch a lot of movies.
Thank you, Dana, for sharing your responses here with us. It was fun learning more about you! And I know you’ll all want to keep up with Dana’s latest creations too so be sure to visit her blog, Got Joy Creations. While you’re there don’t forget to leave her some love!
And before I sign off… a friendly reminder. If you haven’t created a card for our latest Sketch Challenge yet, we sure hope you will soon! Submissions are being accepted until next Tuesday, 6/15. Please refer to my WHAT IF? Wednesday post from 6/2 for all the details. Don’t be shy… play along with our sketch, upload a link to your card here on the RI blog and you’ll automatically be entered to win a $25 Repeat Impressions gift certificate!
Happy Wednesday everyone and thank you for stopping by!