Happy Monday, crafty friends! I hope you all had a joyous Christmas. We’re back with another fun installment in our Rock Star Spotlight series today. I hope you’ve been visiting often and leaving each of our talented ladies a little love in the comments. And remember… Every comment earns you another chance to win our $25 Repeat Impressions gift certificate!
Today we’re shining the spotlight on RI Rock Star, Deonna Bemish.
Creations by Deonna Bemish.
Visit Deonna’s blog.
1. Tell us a little about your family.
I’ve been married to my usband Scott for 20 years. My husband is a pilot for a company based out of California. He has a weird schedule of 8 days on and 6 days off. We have 2 children a daughter (Alina) age 17, who is a Senior this year in high school and a son (Kole) age 15, who is a Sophomore this year.
2. How did you get into stamping?
I’ve always loved everything that has to do with art or crafts. I didn’t start out stamping. I was introduced to Stampin’ Up a couple years after crafting and started stamping some. Now I look for ways to use stamps in different ways. It’s kinda a game in my head that I play. lol
3. What is your favorite holiday or occasion to create cards for?
I absolutely love Halloween! I can’t help it, I just love Halloween projects.
4. What is your favorite stamping style or technique?
I don’t know that I have a favorite technique. I just love trying new things.
5. What is your favorite color combo and coloring method?
Copic marker coloring is by far my favorite. I love bright color combo’s! I’m also fond of neutral monochromes.
6. Aside from the usual necessities, what one crafting tool could you not go a day without?
My heat tool is one of my favorites. I guess that you could say that I’m a little impatient for things to dry and I love heat embossing.
7. Are you an early bird or a night owl? When do you do most of your stamping?
I usually do most of my stamping in the evenings before bed. I have to get all of the necessities of the day complete before I allow myself to stamp. Otherwise, I would stamp or create 24/7.
8. Tell us a little about your craft room/stamping space. And are you neat and organized or creatively messy?
Since I only have half of my bedroom to stamp in I have to be a little organized. With that said, I also become creatively messy when I’m working on one special project.
9. What has been your biggest stamping challenge?
My biggest stamping challenge is finding new and unique ways to use my stamps.
10. What’s the best stamping related gift you ever received?
I get the best stamping related gift around 3-4 times a year when Wendy allows the team to go and choose what stamps that we want from her catalog. It is always an exciting time when we get those stamps in the mail.
11. If money were no object, what new crafting tool or supply would you choose?
I would love to own an entire room organizer. Desk, built in cabinets etc….
12. Tell us 3 of your most favorite Repeat Impressions’ designs.
Some of my favorite Repeat impressions’ stamps are: The Large Mason Jar from the “Contain Yourself” series, The Beer Mug and Margarita Glass from the Bottoms Up series, and the newest “Holy Crap” series just cracks me up.
13. Not including stamping, what’s your favorite pastime?
It would still have to be crafting. I love to make junk journals, watch youtube for new creative ideas and look at pinterest.
14. What’s on your perfect pizza?
I’m a supreme kinda girl. I love it all!
15. What’s your favorite ice-cream flavor?
I’m a little boring when it comes to this because I would prefer Vanilla over anything.
16. What’s the most adventurous thing you’ve ever done?
Flew to Hong Kong with my husband for his job interview.
17. Name 3 things on your “bucket list”.
Open an etsy store, get involved in craft fairs and get my children raised without any tragedies
18. If you could shop for free at one store, which one would you choose?
Michaels without a doubt. I just love that store.
19. If you could take only 3 items with you to a deserted island, what would they be?
Paper, stamps and my markers
20. If someone made a movie of your life would it be a drama, a comedy, a romantic-comedy, action film, or science fiction? And who would play you in the movie of your life?
I think that it would be a drama and I really can’t think of anyone to play me.
Many thanks to Deonna for all her fantastic creations and for sharing her responses here with us. What fun! Now be sure to leave her some love here below in the comments for your chance at our $25 gift certificate! Then please join us again on Wednesday for our last Rock Star Spotlight and the introduction of Repeat’s newest Rock Star.
Thanks so much for stopping by!