Hi everyone, Deonna here, I’d like to share a Quilted Embossed Christmas Card with all of you today.
This will be my last Project of the Week with Repeat Impressions for awhile. After much deliberation, I’ve chosen to step down off the design team. I just think that I need a break for awhile. Miscellaneous things have been happening in life that I need to care for. That doesn’t mean that I won’t ever be back. I may be begging to come back. Lol!
Anyway, let’s just get started with my tutorial.
RI Stamps – 9402-U Quilt Background (I cut all of mine apart), 9403-P Quilt Frame, 9404-H Our Friendship, and 9408-H Friendship Quilt Square.
Cardstock base – Baja Blue cut at 4 1/4″ x 11″
Red cardstock at least 4 1/4″ x 5″ and a scrap for the sentiment
Embossing stamp pad
Black detail embossing powder – Recollections
Black ink – Ranger Archival
“Let it Snow” patterned paper pieces – 5 to 6 different prints.
Powder tray or piece of scrap paper
1. Gather the above supplies and stamp using stamp 9403-P Quilt Frame onto the red cardstock using the black ink. Trim the square out leaving 1/4″ border around the image. Set aside.
2. Gather various pieces of coordinating patterened paper that you want to use. (This would be a good time to use your scraps.)
With the embossing ink – Stamp each of the corners onto your chosen patterned paper. Stamp twice with one scrap and twice with another patterned paper. You will need to stamp 4 of each of the same design for the last two. Add embossing powder and heat set.
3. Once each square is embossed, cut each of them out using your scissors and set aside.
4. Repeat step 2 and 3 with the square stamp 9408-H Friendship Quilt Square. Stamp the image with embossing ink onto 2 different patterned papers. Cut out the entire stamped image of the first and just the star center of the second. Set aside.
5. Stamp and emboss the sentiment 9404-H Our Friendship onto a piece of red cardstock. Trim into a square. Trim a piece of patterned paper slightly larger then the sentiment.
6. Lay each piece onto the stamped quilted square on the red cardstock from step 1. Make sure that your paper pattern is going the direction that you desire and glue each one down over the top of the base stamped image. Glue the star onto the center square and glue into the center of the quilted square. Glue the entire quilted square onto your blue card base. Glue down the sentiment and embellish as desired. I chose to only add some buttons that I had in my stash.