Good morning, crafty friends! We’re taking a break from our usual projects and challenges this month to bring back our Rock Star Spotlight series. This little game of questions has proved to be a fun way to get to know the artists behind the cards we’ve been sharing. So each Monday and Wednesday throughout December we’ll be featuring a different Rock Star and showing off some of their latest creations too.
We hope you will visit often and leave each of these talented ladies a little love in the comments. And to make it even more fun for you, we’ll be awarding a $25 Repeat Impressions gift certificate to one lucky commenter. Every comment earns you another chance to win. So visit and comment often. We’ll use random.org to choose a winner and make the announcement the first Monday of next month.
Today we’re shining the spotlight on RI Rock Star, Heather Mills. And here’s the fabulous Christmas card she made especially for her Spotlight feature.
Card creation by Heather Mills.
Visit Heather’s blog.
1. Tell us a little about your family.
My husband and I have been married for 17 1/2 years and have three awesome children ages 10 and just turned 8! (I know, those are only TWO ages, but we have twins!!)
2. How did you get into stamping?
Stampin’ Up! One of my friends was a demonstrator and invited me to a party about 16 years ago, and the rest is history.
3. What is your favorite holiday or occasion to create cards for?
Christmas!! It also happens that I need the most cards for Christmas, but I do really love making them.
4. What is your favorite stamping style or technique?
I really don’t have one. I love everything from super layered to CAS, though I guess I’m really just a classic girl and usually create something in between.
5. What is your favorite color combo and coloring method?
Favorite card color combo is pink and green and my favorite coloring tools are markers. I’m slowly building up my supply of Spectrum Noir markers, but for the colors I don’t have I use a 100 piece kids set I got from the craft store ages ago.
6. Aside from the usual necessities, what one crafting tool could you not go a day without?
Well, for me it IS a necessity; I could not live without my dies and die cutting machine.
7. Are you an early bird or a night owl? When do you do most of your stamping?
Neither and both. I guess I am more of a night owl, but I can function early in the morning, too. Most of my stamping gets done in the afternoon. I’m a stay at home mom (homeschooling as well) and I instituted a quiet time hour (or hours now) when my oldest wasn’t taking naps anymore. The twins would nap and the oldest would look at books or play quietly in the bedroom while I went down stairs and made cards. It was my quiet time and I’ve still kept that up.
8. Tell us a little about your craft room/stamping space. And are you neat and organized or creatively messy?
My crafting area is along one wall of our family room. My husband built me a beautiful wooden desk and I have shelves above it for holding both my card making and jewelry making supplies. It’s right next to our woodstove so in the winter it is nice and toasty. And I am totally creatively messy! In all other aspects of life, I am a complete neat freak! But when I craft, everything just gets piled up all over the place! Half the time I can’t find an item I just put down.
9. What has been your biggest stamping challenge?
Hmmm . . . Not buying EVERYTHING I want (which is pretty much everything I see). : )
10. What’s the best stamping related gift you ever received?
I got MFT’s “Magical Dragons” set for my birthday this year. Cutest set ever!!
11. If money were no object, what new crafting tool or supply would you choose?
Well, since money is no object, I will buy them all. Seriously, I “need” everything. But, the MISTI is definitely at the top of my wishlist.
12. Tell us 3 of your most favorite Repeat Impressions’ designs.
The new Flower Power Separate Series, Butterfly (large) and the sheet music background.
13. Not including stamping, what’s your favorite pastime?
My other hobbies are: making jewelry, crocheting and reading. oh, and pinterest.
14. What’s on your perfect pizza?
15. What’s your favorite ice-cream flavor?
Peanut Butter cup (but it has to have a vanilla base)
16. What’s the most adventurous thing you’ve ever done?
I have completed 9 Tough Mudders, 2 Spartan Sprints, and 2 Rugged Maniacs–all different brands of mud obstacle racing. So fun.
17. Name 3 things on your “bucket list”.
Go to a DUKE university basketball game at Cameron Indoor stadium in NC, Complete my 10th Tough Mudder and get the new headband (this will happen next year), and travel to/through all 50 US states–I’ve been in all but Alaska, Hawaii, Oregan, Washington, and California.
18. If you could shop for free at one store, which one would you choose?
I love to shop, so I don’t think I could choose just one store. Maybe JoAnn’s; all sorts of crafty goodness there.
19. If you could take only 3 items with you to a deserted island, what would they be?
My “Game of Thrones” book series (I could read them over and over a lot of times), a hammock and sunglasses.
20. If someone made a movie of your life would it be a drama, a comedy, a romantic-comedy, action film, or science fiction? And who would play you in the movie of your life?
I’m sure my life would be a comedy, even though it feels like drama sometimes. And Sandra Bullock would definitely play me; she’s funny and we sort of look alike.
Many thanks to Heather for the great card creation and for sharing her responses here with us. What fun! Now be sure to leave her some love here below in the comments for your chance at our $25 gift certificate! Then join us again on Wednesday for our next Rock Star Spotlight featuring Shirley Hotop.
Until the next time…