Happy Hump Day, everyone! It’s time for another fun installment in our Rock Star Spotlight series. In case you missed my earlier posts, we’re taking a break from our usual projects and challenges this month to bring back our Rock Star Spotlight series. So each Monday and Wednesday throughout December we’re featuring a different Rock Star and showing off some of their latest creations too.
We hope you’ve been visiting often and leaving each of these talented ladies a little love in the comments. And remember… to make it even more fun for you, we’ll be awarding a $25 Repeat Impressions gift certificate to one lucky commenter. Every comment earns you another chance to win. So visit and comment often. We’ll use random.org to choose a winner and make the announcement the first Monday of next month.
Today we’re shining the spotlight on RI Rock Star, Joy Hadden.
Creations by Joy Hadden.
Visit Joy’s blog.
1. Tell us a little about your family.
I have 3 daughters, 3 wonderful sons-in-law, 8 grandchildren and 1 great grandchild due December 1, and 1 crazy, neurotic cat named Purdy.
2. How did you get into stamping?
my sister invited me to a Stampin Up Party at her house.
3. What is your favorite holiday or occasion to create cards for?
Thank you cards
4. What is your favorite stamping style or technique?
lately it has been watercoloring backgrounds
5. What is your favorite color combo and coloring method?
anything with pink and copics
6. Aside from the usual necessities, what one crafting tool could you not go a day without?
the little spatula thingy in a Cricut tool set – helps me take off mistakes (which happen all the time) LOL
7. Are you an early bird or a night owl? When do you do most of your stamping?
I’m a night owl and that’s when I do most of my stamping
8. Tell us a little about your craft room/stamping space. And are you neat and organized or creatively messy?
I’m fortunate to have an extremely large craft room (24 ft. x 24 ft) and I’m usually an OCD organized stamper
9. What has been your biggest stamping challenge?
biggest challenge is getting things on straight!
10. What’s the best stamping related gift you ever received?
a silent heat gun – given to me years ago by Melissa Cash – a former Rock Star
11. If money were no object, what new crafting tool or supply would you choose?
a lazer light board to help me put elements on card bases straight
12. Tell us 3 of your most favorite Repeat Impressions’ designs.
The new Flower Power Series, “You Make Me Smile” sentiment from the Quartet Compliments Series and
“Wine for Two” from the Wine Time Series
13. Not including stamping, what’s your favorite pastime?
love, love to read – mostly non-fiction
14. What’s on your perfect pizza?
the works with anchovies
15. What’s your favorite ice-cream flavor?
Ben & Jerry’s – Jamocha Almond Fudge – hummmmm…..
16. What’s the most adventurous thing you’ve ever done?
Kayaking in the ocean – so much fun – but did not see any whales or sharks
17. Name 3 things on your “bucket list”.
to do the New York Paper Show held in May every year, see the New York Christmas Parade in person from a balcony, a family portrait with ALL my family – so hard to get everyone together
18. If you could shop for free at one store, which one would you choose?
Tiffany’s – I’m a diamond and pearls girl!
19. If you could take only 3 items with you to a deserted island, what would they be?
e-reader, chips & salsa and coffee
20. If someone made a movie of your life would it be a drama, a comedy, a romantic-comedy, action film, or science fiction? And who would play you in the movie of your life?
science fiction – because no one would believe it! Loretta Young would play me – I just love her.
Many thanks to Joy for her gorgeous creations and for sharing her responses here with us. What fun! Now be sure to leave her some love here below in the comments for your chance at our $25 gift certificate! Then join us again on Monday for our next Rock Star Spotlight featuring Deonna Bemish.
Thank you for visiting and I hope you have the merriest Christmas ever!