Woohoo… happy Wednesday, crafty peeps! We’re halfway to the weekend! As I explained previously, we’re taking a break from our usual projects and challenges this month to bring back our Rock Star Spotlight series. This little game of questions has proved to be a fun way to get to know the artists behind the cards we’ve been sharing. So each Monday and Wednesday throughout December we’ll be featuring a different Rock Star and showing off some of their latest creations too.
We hope you will visit often and leave each of these talented ladies a little love in the comments. And to make it even more fun for you, we’ll be awarding a $25 Repeat Impressions gift certificate to one lucky commenter. Every comment earns you another chance to win. So visit and comment often. We’ll use random.org to choose a winner and make the announcement the first Monday of next month.
Today we’re shining the spotlight on RI Rock Star, Laurie Unger.
Card creations by Laurie Unger.
Visit Laurie’s blog.
1. Tell us a little about your family.
My husband Bob and I just celebrated our 30th anniversary this past September. We have 2 furry children. Noah and Chloe are Alaskan Malamutes that bring us a lot of joy.
2. How did you get into stamping?
I started by scrapbooking our adventures and then migrated into making cards.
3. What is your favorite holiday or occasion to create cards for?
Christmas and birthday
4. What is your favorite stamping style or technique?
Clean and simple and I love to color.
5. What is your favorite color combo and coloring method?
I use Copic’s mostly and gravitate to pinks and blues.
6. Aside from the usual necessities, what one crafting tool could you not go a day without?
7. Are you an early bird or a night owl?
When do you do most of your stamping? I can be either, depending upon what is going on in life or my day job. I do most of my stamping at night or on the weekends.
8. Tell us a little about your craft room/stamping space. And are you neat and organized or creatively messy?
I have half a room dedicated to stamping with lots of cabinets full of stuff. I’m creatively messy and need to destash.
9. What has been your biggest stamping challenge?
Masking, I need more practice at getting it “right”.
10. What’s the best stamping related gift you ever received?
New Platinum die cutting machine from Spellbinders
11. If money were no object, what new crafting tool or supply would you choose?
Brother scan n’ cut – hoping Santa will get it for me this year.
12. Tell us 3 of your most favorite Repeat Impressions’ designs.
Big dragonfly and Butterfly, The pet quartet
13. Not including stamping, what’s your favorite pastime?
Photography while traveling around in our RV.
14. What’s on your perfect pizza?
Pepperoni, ground beef and pineapples.
15. What’s your favorite ice-cream flavor?
Baseball nut from Baskin and Robins.
16. What’s the most adventurous thing you’ve ever done?
Drove across the US, twice!
17. Name 3 things on your “bucket list”.
Travel to England, Scotland, and Italy. Visit all of our National Parks. Learn to fly.
18. If you could shop for free at one store, which one would you choose?
Simon Says Stamps
19. If you could take only 3 items with you to a deserted island, what would they be?
My Husband, The Outlander series of books, fishing pole
20. If someone made a movie of your life would it be a drama, a comedy, a romantic-comedy, action film, or science fiction? And who would play you in the movie of your life?
rom/com Sandra Bullock (she’d have to dye her hair though)
Many thanks to Laurie for the great card creations and for sharing her responses here with us. What fun to learn a little more about her! Now be sure to leave her some love here below in the comments for your chance at our $25 gift certificate! Then join us again on Monday for our next Rock Star Spotlight featuring Cheri Weston.
Thanks for spending time with us today. Hope to see you here again next week!