Sep 182017
 

Hi everyone. It’s my turn to host the Project of the Week hereย at the House That Stamps Built. I’ve chosen to do an inlaid sentiment, so grab your supplies, and follow along.

potw91817-lu1

I used the new Distress Oxide inks, Versamark ink, the Solid flower stamp from Repeat Impressions #10301-H and the Happy Birthday Day die.

potw91817-lu2

I stamped the flower randomly over the card front with Versamark, then heat embossed it using clear embossing powder. Using the Oxide inks, I blended out my color combo. Then I cut the sentiment out and preserved all the bits and pieces.

Cut out another sentiment using a coordinating color of cardstock and again, preserve all the bits and pieces.

potw91817-lu3

Lay your piece onto a card base and add some tape or glue and then reinsert all the letters and pieces.

This is what it looks like finished and you can get two cards out of this technique if you plan right.

potw91817-lu4

potw91817-lu5

Hope this inspires you dig through your dies and supplies to make a few cards.

~ Laurie

Jul 242017
 

Hello everyone! It’s my turn to host the Project of the Week this time and after starting and stopping so many different projects (my mojo was sorely missing). I stumbled upon some shrinky dink film that had been hidden in my cupboard (isn’t it amazing what you find when your looking for something else?) and got the idea to use it to make a card embellishment.

potw72417-lu1

I stamped the large butterfly onto the white piece of polyshrink material with Archival ink. Stazon would be the ink to use here, but I threw mine out years ago. Once dry, I cut around it being careful not to smudge the ink.

potw72417-lu2

Using my heat gun (first warm it up, so it’s good and hot) I shrunk the butterfly down. Once it cooled off I glued it down onto the card.

potw72417-lu3

I stamped a bunch of flowers in different colors of purple dye ink and randomly added some leaves to fill the space up. I then popped this up using fun foam onto a purple card base. I used several purple colors of Fabrika Decoru to add some dimension to the flower centers.

potw72417-lu4

Here is a close up of the butterfly.

Stamps used:
5125-C, Dragonfly
10204-D, Leaf Cluster Solid
10207-E, Flower Cluster Solid
9001-L, Butterfly
10306-E, Daisy Solid Small
8611-E – Thinking

Thanks for stopping in!

~ Laurie

May 292017
 

Hi everyone, it’s Laurie here and it’s my turn to provide a Project of the Week. I decided to go with the Black Magic technique this time around.

potw52917-lu1

So, first gather your supplies:
White pigment ink
Heat embosser
Solid stamps
Black or dark cardstock
Colored pencils

Stamp your solid images in white pigment ink and heat set. Then color with colored pencils. The technique can call for outlining or adding lines and dots with a white gel pen or pencil, but I decided to keep it clean and simple.

potw52917-lu2

I really like breaking out of my normal coloring rut and doing something different now and again, and this technique is a good way to make images really pop. Hope you give it a try.

laurie

Apr 032017
 

Hi everyone. It’s my turn (Laurie) to offer up a Project of the Week here at The House That Stamps Built and I came up with this cute little notebook. It’s actually one that I picked up at my Local Stamp Store for $1 and I recovered it.

potw4317-lu1

potw4317-lu2

potw4317-lu3

potw4317-lu4

Here are the supplies that I used:
I saved the flimsy kraft cover and used it as a template.
Stamps and Ink
Bone folder
Red line tape or super sticky tape of your choice (you’ll need it to tape the paper pad back into your new cover)
Magnets (torn off of the old cover)
Glue dots (to adhere magnets back onto your new cover)
Die – just a note from Lawn Fawn

After measuring out how wide and long my cover needed to be, I added a decorative border using a stitched die. I then measured out where the folds needed to be. I just copied it off the template and marked it with a pencil, then scored it on my score board.

I used one of the stamps from the Flower Power set (10207-E, Flower Cluster Solid) with some bright pink pigment ink to randomly stamp the cover. Then I used Fabrika Decoru in dark night for the flower centers. Adhered the magnets back on and finished it off with the sentiment.

potw4317-lu5

I always have one of these in my car and use it all the time to jot down things I need to remember. I’ve gone through quite a few over the years and when I found these at my LSS, I was happy that I could make my own and inexpensively. Some of the fancier one’s get kind of pricey.

I hope this inspires you to check at your local stamp/scrapbooking stores or even the $1 stores for these little gems and stamp up your own.

Thanks for stopping by!

laurie