I don’t usually post on Tuesdays but just had to share this… This past weekend we were in Westminster, MD for the StampScrapArtTour show. As always it was nice to see so many of the familiar faces that turn out to support us year after year. And this trip was even more fun thanks to a visit from a couple of very special visitors.
On Saturday, Repeat Rock Star, Dawn Bennett stopped by for a visit and brought us a big stack of awesome cards to add to our display boards. I had the pleasure of meeting Dawn back in the the spring when she first joined our team, but it was so nice to get to chat with her again.
Sunday’s at the shows are usually much quieter and last weekend was no exception. I was bored and hanging out at my demo table when someone handed me a stack of cards and said… ” I thought I’d deliver these in person.” Well let me tell you, I had to do a double take. Repeat Rock Star, Robin Kirkpatrick, totally surprised me with a visit! Since Robin lives in Atlanta, I was completely floored to see her standing in front of me in Westminster, MD. What a fabulous end to my weekend! It was so wonderful to officially meet Robin in person and we had a great visit.
Today I’m back in the office and looking forward to perhaps adding another chapter to this week’s Rock Star get togethers. Rumor has it that Joy Hadden is vacationing here in Maine and may stop by for a quick reunion. I can’t wait!
Hope to “see” the rest of you here again on Wednesday!
Today I’m excited to bring you another Rock Star Spotlight! This week we’re shining the light on Robin Kirkpatrick. Those of you who have been a visitor to the Repeat Impressions’ website for a few years may remember Robin from our previous design team. And if you have visited with us at a stamp show you’ve seen her work first hand on our display boards too. She’s created some wonderful cards for us over the years! We feel so fortunate that she decided to stick around while I got this blog off the ground. Thanks, Robin!
And now, a little look at the woman behind the art…
1. Tell us a little about your family. There were four children in my family. My oldest brother died when he was 36, so now there are three and I’m the youngest. My father died almost 15 years ago and my mother, who re-married, will turn 90 this September and is still going strong and playing golf!
I’ve been married for 25 years and we have three fur kids (all indoor cats). Our oldest is 18 and in the final stages of renal failure, so she won’t be with us much longer The other two are sisters, named for sister islands in the Caribbean – Saba and Statia. They are six years old.
2. How did you get into stamping? I started out scrapbooking, which somehow led to card making, which led to stamping. My sister was very much into stamping, so I’m sure that was my first major influence.
3. What is your favorite technique? I’m not really a technique oriented stamper, but I always find heat embossing to be a nifty experience, I just don’t do it very often.
4. What is your favorite tool? Oh, I have quite a few, most notably, my Genesis Paper Trimmer, Wizard and Copic markers and airbrush system. I use them on almost all of my cards.
5. What are your favorite embellishments? Ribbon and buttons
6. What is your favorite coloring method? Copic markers
7. What is your favorite color combo? Kraft and rust
8. If you had to describe your stamping style with 3 words, what would they be? Absolutely no clue
9. Do you always send the cards you create? I would say that 95% of the time I either give my cards to someone or sell them. I have a few I can’t part with…
10. For which occasion or holiday do you create the most cards? Christmas
11. What is your favorite stamping magazine? Stamper’s Sampler since they just published one of my cards
12. What are your favorite Repeat Impressions’ designs? Cats and flowers
13. What are your other interests besides stamping? Good food and wine, SCUBA Diving, travel, good food and wine, reading, movies and did I mention, good food and wine?
14. Name your favorite food and one food you can’t stand. Favorite food – blue cheese. Food I can’t stand – oatmeal (unless it’s in cookies!)
15. What is your guilty pleasure? Truffle Macaroni and Cheese from Clusters and Hops restaurant in Tallahassee, FL.
16. Do you have any pet peeves? Oh, SO many….my top three are arrogance, incompetence and poor spelling/grammar (thanks, Mom!)
17. Tell us one random thing people may not know about you. I was attacked by a German shepherd when I was a kid – it bit across my face, with one if its teeth getting me just under one eye. I have been afraid of them ever since.
18. Name 3 things on your “bucket list”. Visiting Alaska, the Swiss Alps and Tahiti.
19. If you were going to be stuck on a deserted island, which 5 books,
movies, people and foods would you take along?
Books: The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society, The Catcher in the Rye and the latest from David Baldacci, Randy Wayne White and Lee Child.
Movies: The Abyss, When Harry Met Sally, Top Gun, The Sound of Music and Sabrina.
People: Jimmy Buffet, James Taylor and Eva Cassidy to provide great music, my husband for good company and Julia Child to cook for all of us!
Foods: Maine lobster, artichokes, blue cheese, carrot cake and a bottle of good red wine. The perfect meal!
20. If you have to choose a movie title for your life story, what
would that be? Bed of Roses
Thank you, Robin, for sharing your responses here with us! It’s been a real pleasure getting to know you better. You and I seem to have quite a bit in common. I know everyone will want to keep up with Robin’s latest creations too so be sure to visit her blog, Robin’s Rubber Room, and don’t forget to leave her some love!
Thank you for taking time out of your day to visit with us. I hope you’ll stop by again soon… we have some surprises in store for you!
P.S. There’s still time to play along in our latest Sketch Challenge. Submissions are being accepted until next Tuesday, 8/10. Please check out my WHAT IF? Wednesday post from July 28th for all the details!
The gorgeous Easter card shown here was created by Repeat Impressions Design Team member, Robin Kirkpatrick. This card was made using our 912-K Tulip Bouquet and 3909-F Happy Easter/Spring stamps. I just love the soft colors she used… so pretty Be sure to visit Robin’s blog to check out all the other wonderful cards she has created.
Robin is also Guest Designer over at Our Creative Corner this week. Their challenge this week is a Sketch challenge. You’re sure to be inspired when you visit the OCC site and see all the other great cards the Team has created. Then play along by submitting a card of your own. You’ll be glad you did! Repeat Impressions is offering a $25 gift certificate to the winner of this week’s OCC challenge! You’ll need to submit a project on their blog no later than Friday, April 2nd by 10:00 PM EST in order to qualify.
Happy Stamping and thanks for stopping by!